Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tailgate glass guides

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by 10pax, Aug 6, 2006.

1. 10pax

10pax Registered Member

i need the two peices that the rear window slides in inside the tailgate. I think they are called window guide cams or something. this is the only thing preventing me from putting my hardtop back on my truck. without the window installed, it will rain in my ride. the two i had were severely rusted when i went to recondition them and beyond repair.

thanx
    james

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Bought mine from the dealer, they were cheap too.

3. 10pax

10pax Registered Member

in all the search i havent really tried the dealer to be honest but i did find a company in Ca that wanted 25 each and i thought that was a little high for a peice of channel a few inches long. if i would have been thinking straight, i would have kept the old rusted ones and just fabbed two new ones. cant be that hard. maybe ill go see the dealer tommarrow

james

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The channels are about a foot long with the felt stripping in them. $25.00 each sounds reasonable but i'm not sure what i paid for mine but they are factory original GM pieces from the dealer.

5. bozor1000

bozor1000 1/2 ton status

Are you still looking for the felt channels. I have some!

6. 10pax

10pax Registered Member

yes. i cant put my glass or hard top untill i get them. a new oil pan gasket and rear pinion seal has slowed me down some but do still need them. what condition ar5e they in and how much do you want for them?

james

7. bozor1000

bozor1000 1/2 ton status

They are in good condition. They are from a 91 tailgate. Make me an offer. Then we can exchange addresses and I'll send them out and you can send me a money order. Let me know what else you need. I may have other things that you need also. I try to get parts to sell all the time. I took some parts to the Long Beach auto swap meet yesterday and made some money off of the things that I had.