Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tailgate glass.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Stroked72Blazer, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

What years had a roll up window in the tailgate? Are they all the same deminsions? Can someone post the demensions of theirs?
    OK, I'm a little crazy but I want to try to modify one of these to fit in my 72 Bazer, so pics of the inside of one of these would be cool too.

2. Looksback

Looksback 1/2 ton status

On the tailgates with the glass that can roll up and down, the years are '73-To-'91, but not all can be replaced,
    '73-To-'80 the glass can be changed. "This goes for Suburbans too"
    '81-To-'91 the glass can be changed. "This goes for Suburbans too"
    I hope this helps, but if you need more info just reply.

LooksBack

3. Stroked72Blazer

what about power vs manual roll up. What are the demensions of the two (width across the top, bottom, and how tall is it?

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

power or manual, its the same glass

5. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I just got a new rear glass for my '74 and it's the same all the way to '90 power, manual no difference. It is different than a Suburban....I wasn't real clear on the above post.

I have been thinking of doing just the opposite. I dislike the roll up window a lot! It moves independently of the top so it squeaks and squaks all the time as the top flexes. The power units fail often and you're stuck haulin' the window around when the top is off.None of the new SUVs have roll up windows...they are all lift up style. Yours would be much better without the big heavy frame etc. Maybe you could bolt/'glass in the exsisting frame in place then get an Explorer/Jeep/ ??? lift up window. Just a thought..... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. Stroked72Blazer

The reasoning to my madness is to be able to roll the window down from the drivers seat. It gets hard to back out of an atv trail with dark tinted windows and there are tomany t5rees and braches to use your mirrors.

7. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Cool...I'm sure it could be done.....I have a buddy here in Texas that has all the power window stuff out of an '83 for around $100 if you wanna try it. PM or email in case I forget to check the thread.