Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tailgate help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlueOx, Aug 7, 2000.

1. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

I have a power window in the tailgate of my 85 K5 that doesn't roll down w/ the key but, it rolls up with it.
    From the inside switch it will roll up or down. How do i get it to roll down with the key?
    thanks,

85 Blazer

2. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

leave it alone!

3. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Replace the switch, do a search on tailgates and there is a post that will walk you through it step by step. Takes 30 minutes to an hour.

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

4. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

You may not have to replace the switch. Mine didn't work at all with the key so I took the switch apart and cleaned the contacts with a little sand paper, now it works great! Cleaned all the switches in the front doors too and the windows and locks work like new. Good luck.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

There have been a lot of posts about this recently so you might want to look thru them and they will probably answer your question

90K5

6. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Instead of just cleaning them, I made new contacts out of the brass base of an old bulb, just cut a strip ¼ wide and about a ½ long and fold it over the contact, then solder it in place.Works like a charm...

7. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

This is the part Eagle is refering to. When you turn the key the brass-spring pushes against a contact-point at each end of the turn of the key. Mine had coroded and the heat had melted the plastic so I bought the new complete lock-cyllinder with key (20$ Cheyene pick-upp parts) Removed the 2 tiny clips and just replaced the bottom part that was coroded. You can see new vrs. old in the plier-jaws.
    [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Espen88k5 at:http://www.espen.coloradok5.com</font color=blue>