Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tailgate Hex bolt for the torqure rod HELP

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Dec 19, 2006.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    ha I'm redoing my floor pan in my 1986 Blazer. I have the tail pan out and a new one sitting in place right now. I want to order everything so I can mock up my tail gate. Well when I was taking it all apart since this is my first time do this kind of a project I was learning as I went. Now I broke one of the bolts that the torqure rod hooks to on the fram. I found a part number in LMC and was wondering if you guys could give me the green light if it's the right part .
    http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/bzc/0024.html
    Number 19 (it's in the upper right corner of the page.)

2. 88$PIT

88$PIT Registered Member

Now this is weird! I was at the LMC website just before I logged on here and that is the same page I was on. Anyway, I wish some of those drawings were a little more detailed myself. I believe that is the correct part BUT... I think calling 1-800-LMCTRUCK would be a good idea first. The po of my truck cut the torque rods apart when he put a body lift on and now I'm putting it all back together. Hope your project goes OK.

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Yep #19 is the right part. Having said that I just flipped the spring over the head of the 5/8" bolt that I bolted my bumper on with and it worked great until I just removed the torque rods. I cut my frame down so the rods would not fit anymore.:D

Ira