Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tailgate hinge stuck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blazerbob, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

Hi everyone! It's been a long time. Things sure are different here since last time I posted. Great looking site Steve. I just bought another Blazer to replace the one that had been sitting in my backyard for the last 2 years. I tried to open the tailgate and the drivers side hinge is frozen. I didn't want to rip it out of the floor by forcing it open because this is the first Blazer I have had that still has a floor in it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Does anyone have experience with this problem? I need to open it so I can put a window in it to keep the snow out /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif <font color="black"> </font>

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

spray a "gallon" of liquid wrench in there (with the straw thingy) and let it soak in and loosen the rust. That should help.

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

If that doesn't get it to loosen up, you can drill small holes in the tube were the pin goes and shoot more oil in it.

4. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the advice guys. I've been soaking it with PB Blaster for the last 3 days. I'll wait a little before drilling though. It's been sitting in a parking lot for the last year so it may take awhile to penetrate the rust. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif