Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tailgate PW cable removal?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Riktar, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Riktar

Riktar Registered Member

Ok unscrewing it from the motor is no problem. Trying to remove it from the other end is proving to be VERY frustrating. I am quite sure I am going to feel pretty damn foolish once someone tells me that "all you have to do is..." but I will be more than willing to deal with that.

From what I am feeling there is some sort of collar around the end of the cable that turns somewhat but doesn't release the cable.

Why in the stink did the engineers put this damn thing behind the glass and lever/arm stuff /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Have you removed the drive gear? If not, you'll have to release the spring (carefully) because there is *alot* of pressure on there. Then you can take the drive gear off but I don't know about taking the cable off of that.

3. Riktar

Riktar Registered Member

Thanks for the tip. I will give that a whirl. Once I get this done I can move on to my next project.

Got any ideas about removing a PW motor that had the completely inappropiate nerve to stop working with the window in the down position? And this window is the drivers door window.

4. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Happened to me the same way. I took the interior panel off, reattached the switch and pushed/pulled the glass while my wife held the switch up. Hope that works for you. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif