Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tailgate Rebuild

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by senatorwoodhouse, Jul 18, 2005.

1. senatorwoodhouse

senatorwoodhouse 1/2 ton status

So I have taken my tailgate apart and cleaned and reassembled and all that stuff. I have also read a good number of posts about tailgate questions. But I continue to have a problem with the gate not shutting properly and 'falling' out of place so the rear window will not roll up without pushing on the gate. I know that I can splice the wires together so bypass the switch, but I would rather fix the problem rather than put a band aid on. So does anyone have any information on rebuilding the gate? Is there a kit? When I get home tonight I am going to look at LMC and see what ordering new parts will cost me but I figured I should ask to see if anyone had any luck fixing this problem.

Thanks!!!

2. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

mine was same, i just welded some weak points shimed the locking thingy bars (tech term)on truck side,bent some parts back to fit better. greased em up and she is doing well now.heck it doesnt squeek :eek1: !! also seems the rear sidewalls on the truck are bent out a tiny bit??? im fabing a whole new side boxes for speakers and amps and tools. adn doesnt seem square.
    i would say check that might be adding to the list to make it worse.