Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tailgate rubber

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by allen318, Sep 3, 2006.

1. allen318

allen318 Newbie

Looking for tailgate seal kit for 85 GMC full size Jimmy w/ removable top. (Glass channel seals - RH & LH, Tailgate window seals - inner & outer, Tailgate weatherstrip, & Upper rear glass rubber) Not happy with LMC's Vent Window rubber. Somebody is bound to have a kit just for the tailgate!

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have new in the GM box the tailgate weather strip that goes around the outside of the gate. i think i also have the inside weather strip for the window, it is factory GM as well but the wrapper fell apart so it is no longer in a wrapper.

3. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

4. allen318

allen318 Newbie

Are you happy with the quality of the parts from Classic Parts? LMC's vent window rubbers do not have the metal in them that the factory ones do!

5. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Never done any Business with Classic Parts but they used to be called Chevy Duty till GM sued them. I have bought carpet, exhaust system, rear tail gate handle and dye for my plastics from LMC so far I have been real happy with LMC.

Under stand as far as I know all after market parts are made overseas and even some of GMs are too. As far as sheet metal I prefer GM when I can get it and afford it. When I go to replace my rubber seals after repainting they look like I will get them from Classic Parts unless I can find OEM rubber!

Understand somethings you scrimp on but not the mechanical ie: drive train and safety they get the bucks in my book I am not building a show truck but still want it to look good and last for at least five years.

6. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

havent had a seal on my tailgate for over a year now...been too busy with other stuff, but havent had any water problems yet. ill eventually replace it though