Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tailgate weatherstriping problems..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jonny-K5, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

anyone replace the outer seal on the tailgate window? any tips? how did u go about it? i just got mine from LMC today, went thru a ton of hassle to get it in. should have asked first but i couldnt wait. PITA to get those damn clips in. is there a trick to this?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Not really, just push them in one at a time....took me about 3 min to do mine in my burb the other day /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

really? thats it? i must have a curse or something causs the darn things would not go in, especially the ones in the middle. what about the inside one? im gonna do that eventually... hopefully that will go better.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

same thing, i just started at one end and worked across till i got to the other side and whammo, done /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

ROFLMAO! Don't worry man, when I did mine... holy crap I broke like every clip off, so then I tried to use that yellow sealant stuff from autozone for weather stripping... and that didn't work very well. So needless to say I F*cked up a 20dollar POS rubber strip from LMC and wasted my time and lost my pride. haha. now my tailgate is all russted to crap from water getting in, i suppose.

6. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

haha , that makes me feel a little better. at least i got mine in... after i tried pulling the rear window out for more clearance, reinstalled it backwards(oops) and ripped up the inside rubber (doh!) but two hours later all done! kinda bent up and crappy lookin, but a seal is a seal right? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif