Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tailgate Window Channels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dodgedude99, Nov 13, 2003.

1. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

i need a set of Tailgate window channels, not the rubber that goes in the cap, but the 2 metal pieces that have the flocking on them, they are inside the tailgate.
    LMC has them for $40 a piece, anyone else know of somewhere else thats cheaper?

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

i got mine from a friend that worked at a chevy dealership, i got them wicked cheap /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif the really funny part is i got them over a year ago...but the thought of taking apart that tailgate has slowed down the process. no i'm not selling them....i WILL do this someday. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I got mine from the dealer, IIRC they were a whole lot cheaper. Call em up and see.

4. Silverado_K5

Silverado_K5 1/2 ton status

I've got "new" tailgate seals left over from my 89 K5 that I never got around to installing. I have the outer and inner window seal as well as the tailgate jam area seal. I bought them at my local Chevy dealer, but never found the time to put them in. If you're interested, PM me and we can make a deal.

Thanks,
    Doug

5. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i got mine from a friend that worked at a chevy dealership, i got them wicked cheap /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif the really funny part is i got them over a year ago...but the thought of taking apart that tailgate has slowed down the process. no i'm not selling them....i WILL do this someday. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i just painted the truck less than a month ago so the whole reassembly of the tailgate guts is still fresh in the memory.