Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tailgate window crank

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Redfrog, May 17, 2001.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know how to take the lock (the part the key goes in) out of the window crank handle? I think I have
    tried everything and I can get it out.

HEY Fords!!! how many flushes does it
    take to get rid of you

2. im_2gr82h8

im_2gr82h8 Registered Member

mine just fell out. lol Anyway, if you do get it out, you might consider stuffing the end of a bike grip in the hole to keep the spring from flying out. If you don't and it does fall out, you wont be able to crank the windo up or down. I learned that the hard way

Lowriders are for guys that can't get it up!

3. ZfromNJ

ZfromNJ Registered Member

Redfrog,
    You need to take out the back panel from the inside of the tailgate. I just replaced mine and it works like a charm. It really isnt that hard either, just be patient because there are some small parts and it could get hairy. You do ahve to remove the whole crank in order to replace the lock. Also be careful because if you do not there are some some pieces the the lock needs to function properly and watch that small spring.

{crazy}

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Locksmith!

[​IMG]<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!