Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tailgate window motor

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by roadrage, Nov 18, 2000.

1. roadrage

roadrage Registered Member

I just replaced the motor and cable, but all it does is make a cliking soud, Is this a ground problem?

2. DOUGHBOY

DOUGHBOY Registered Member

mine did this same thing.it turned out to be the window channel got stuck on a bolt and would not move.hope this helps

guns dont kill postal workers do.
    CENTRAL ILLINOIS

3. roadrage

I disconnected the cable to see if that was the problem, but no luck.

4. DOUGHBOY

DOUGHBOY Registered Member

GET A CORDLESS drill connect it to the cable and run it up and down to see if everythings clear.if not it could be a bad ground

guns dont kill postal workers do.
    CENTRAL ILLINOIS

5. roadrage

Anyone else got a suggetion?

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Its prolly a good idea to remove the regulator, clean it all with a good degreaser, and relubricate it. Check all the other parts for wear and proper movement. Make sure there is adequate room for all the parts to move, I've had mine hang up on stuff inside the gate before. The motor needs a good ground so make sure the bolts are tight. Test the mechanism with out the motor, spin the drive cable by hand and see how everthing is moving and if it getting bound up on something. Then try the motor without the drive cable attached and see if it operates normally. This should help pinpoint where the trouble is.

Rene

[​IMG]

7. roadrage

I diconnected the cable and tried the motor, it just clicked. I think I have a bad switch on the gate, not the dash. Anyone know how to check for sure?

8. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

The drivers-side latch acts as a deadmans switch so you wont roll upp the window with the tailgate down. If it's not seating proparly you wont get current past it to the motor. You can close the tailgate and have a friend push in on that corner while your working the switch. If you get it moving then you'l have to take the latch out and have it cleaned. You can also just click the bumper latch over with your fingers and make the tailgate "think" it's closed. I think it's two clicks to engage. Just pull on the handle to open it back upp.
    If that's not it, look for broken wires going to the tailgate, (under the bumper) and see if you have a rotten conection anywhere.

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com