Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tailgate Window On My 90 Blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIGBLAZE334, Jun 4, 2005.

1. BIGBLAZE334

BIGBLAZE334 Newbie

Hey guys hows it going
    I got a question
    i noticed that when i bought my blazer that there was something wrong with the tailgate window. It would go down about 4-6 inches then it would just drop on the left side almost as if it fell off a track. when i finnaly got it to move down more it started gettin jammed. so i jumped inside and took off the access panel and tried to see what was going on. i ended up pulling the 2 rods inside the tailgate to open it up. when i had it open i pulled the glass out, noticing that there was nothing on the bottom of the glass. with the glass out i notice that the sash was completely rotted out and in peices and the padding in the side tracks were all bound up at the bottom. so i went ahead and ordered the new parts, the sidetracks and window sash and the window filler that was shown in the layout in my LMC truck book so i bought that too. so now i`m wondering. how does the window go back on. wat does it go into and does it need to be glued on and where the the rubber strip go, does it get glued somewhere??? please reply with answers and any tips and it would be greatly appreciatied
    thanx
    BIGBEN

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

No glue necessary. This is one of those jobs that I did that if I had of know what I was doing when I started it would have been fairly simple to accomplish. The rubber filler goes around the bottom edge of the glass and inserts into the sash. Sounds simple, but I had a hell of a time getting it in, but once accomplised everything worked fine.

Be sure to clean all the rollers, and tracks they run in and clean out all the old fuzz off the window felt. If the rollers have flat spots, replace them, they are still available from the dealer, as are all the other tailgate prats. I lubricated the gears and rollers with white lithum grease and sprayed the new window felts with silicone. The window worked very well after that.

3. BIGBLAZE334

BIGBLAZE334 Newbie

Thanks

Hey man thanks alot. ill probably be tackling that job tomorrow so ill let you know how it turns out

4. BIGBLAZE334

BIGBLAZE334 Newbie

Question on headlights

HEY I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. FOR SOME UNKOWN REASON MY HEADLIGHTS ARE NOT WORKING, WHEN I TURN THE TRUCK ON ONLY THE YELLOWISH ORANGE LIGHTS TURN ON,THE HIGH BEAMS WORK. I HAVENT TRIED TO FIX IT BUT IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. also the lights behind the speedo are wicked dim and if anyone knows where i can get a new cluster with a tach in it and a dual cat back exhaust for my 90 blazer because i cant afford to go true dual for a couple years

5. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA. That's the exact same question I had. I'm SOooooooo glad I'm no the only one who runs into these stupid problems.
    I did the same thing, I had the LMC sash and filler. The filler is the problem. It's basically useless, at tleast the piece LMC provides. Slip it in there on the bottom edge of the glass and it's still loose as heck. After thinking about it for a while, I tossed the pieces in my PU and went down to the local glass shop. They "glued" the glass to the sash for me. They used thier special glass caulk to do it. They didn't charge me anything because it only took 'em 5 minutes. They even gave me the half empty tube so I could do the side door glass myself. If my window breaks I'll probably spend an hours digging all that glue out of the sash.

6. google

google 1/2 ton status

I have a headlight problem too. I tracked it down to the wires by the button on the floor for the highbeams. They are lose and coroded. I just wiggle them a little and my headlights turn back on. Ghetto, i know, but it's still a new truck to me. :o

7. BIGBLAZE334

BIGBLAZE334 Newbie

hey guys thanks alot this site really helps...if anyone has any suggestions on my headlight, speedo light, cluster with tach in it, or an exhaust let me know

8. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

take out your headlight switch, disconnect the wiring harness from it, and put a wire jumper between the yellow and red wires, that ::should:: turn on the headlights, if not, you have i wiring problem elsewhere...

red-brown = parking lights and taillights
    red-green = dash insturment
    white-ground = dome light

if you can get it to work light that, either clean out and try your headlight switch again, get a new headlight switch, or make some awesome toggle switches for it all :D