Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tailgate Window Regulator

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shifter, Jul 31, 2003.

1. shifter

shifter Newbie

I just bought a 75 Blazer, and the tailgate regulator is either stripped, or it's not tight enough. I've looked at the half-moon gear contraption and they seem to be fine. Is there any way to replace this item, or am I just SOL. Thanks in advance.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

yes, the regulator can be replaced as a whole unit, it not really that hard to do. Whats the window doing?

3. shifter

shifter Newbie

The window handle just turns and will not catch very well. It will go up a notch or two, then after that, it just spins and the window sits there. If it's up most of the way and you hit a large bump, it slams back down inside the tailgate. Where would I look for a new regulator? Any place sell them new, or reconditioned? I'm having trouble finding them in junk yards. Thanks.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Yes, you need a new regulator, try looking in a wrecking yard, you can get them very cheap.

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I don't know where you are, But i have a good one out of a tailgate already and can sell/ship to you. PM me if you want it. I am in albany NY.