Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tailgate window seal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PattBlue, Jun 23, 2000.

1. PattBlue

PattBlue Registered Member

Does anybody have a trick to get the rubber seal in the tailgate without braking it but making sure it locks/clips in?? This is the one on the outside of the tailgate window. This will be the 2nd time I bought it. The last one I put in and when I rolled it up out it came. So then I tried to take the window out put the strip/seal in and bent the hell out of it trying to get the window in. THANKS!! OH...its for a 1990 Blazer if it helps!!

2. Jamie

Jamie Registered Member

I replaced the inside and outside seal and there not fun at all. My thumbs were pretty sore for awhile. I also used a screwdriver and hammer carefully. I installed them with the glass in. Another tip Is soak both seals down with spray silicone build up a nice layer on the seals and that window will fly up and down. This also works great for the sliding windows in the cap also. It helps the seals from dry rotteing also.

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I replaced the inner and outers on my Blazers tailgate about 6 months ago. It was a pain in the ars. Me and my brother got to work on it. We put the inner one in first, but the outer was tough. He pushed the window while I snapped them in. It took many of tries but we finally did it. It took us about 30min to complete the job, if I remember correctly. good luck
    Boss