Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tailgate window will not go down

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by milspecjimmy, Mar 29, 2003.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i cant get it down, the motor works fine and i have a spare i tried, cable is good. i even tried a drill to turn the cable and it only goes down like 4 inches. help!!!! what do i look for? and what can i do to get it freed up so it will work. the internals are a bit rusty, but i lubed the hell out of it when i put it on, and it is lined up with the body. Also, when it goes down that little bit it clunks like it is hanging up on something, but i cant figure out what it is.

2. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

When you take your inspection cover off, you see the support that runs up the middle that everything bolts onto. If thats bent, it'll allow the window to hit the motor(I'm pretty sure it's the motor) but it allows it to hit stuff, Make sure that support is not bent(doesn't take much). But look for something that is bent because it's gotta be hitting something, when I had mine apart, I noticed it doesn't take much to get it out of wack so look for something stupid. Good luck
    Ben 87 Jimmy + 89 Blazer
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif