Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tailpan in rochester....

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by bryguy00b, May 9, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hey guys..
    any one have a tailpan from a blazer..or a blazer that i could get one of off for my 84? i havce no tailpan at all..and i cant drive the thing of course untill i get one..and i dont want to really order a brand new one and all..rather just find one thats solid..and weld it on there...

thanx zonz_99@yahoo.com
    Bryan

2. Marshall

Marshall 1/2 ton status

if you need a carb. i have one...a holley 650 cfm.let me know if your interested.

Thanks,marshall

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I can cut a rust-free tailpan off of an 88 Blazer for ya. But I don't know what it would cost to ship that big, heavy hunk-o-steel from Colorado to New York! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

you still up for this or no..just wondering cuase i havnt heard back from ya

5. HarryH3

Uh, did you PM me about it or something? If so, I didn't get the message. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif How much of it do ya need? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i replayed to your e-mail to lol..but anyway, how much of the tailpan do i need?...the whole thing..lol..`any other sheet medal would be great to! do you think you could get the floor support channels from the bottom of the cargo area too? i could really use those!

7. HarryH3

Uh, ya mean this address? "NoSpam@NoMail.com" As part of my spam-prevention process, I don't post my real email address anywhere on the internet. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I've got a whole K5 that's rust free. The upper body is all bent, as it fell over against a tree. However, the frame, drivetrain and floor are all fine. I'm going to take out the part of the floor that the flip-n-fold seat attaches to, but the rest is pretty much destined for the nearest junkyard. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif So I can cut out whatever part you need, it will just be a matter of figuring out how to ship it from Colorado to New York. Is $100 plus shipping reasonable for all that you want?

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea that sounds great to me!! well tailpan yea...floor bourds were the seats are..the rest of the rear floor you leave ill need! lol..and floor peices would be great cause mine if basicly totally shot but for the tranny tunnel area..so as many floor peices as yuou could get, shipping, would probobly be like kind of rapped in cardbourd and bubble tap..thats how the fender for my dads impala came anyway...and there was not dents..pm me if you need any help with something..if there are parts you cant get of or dont want to take of its fine with me though..but i could use as much as possible..thanx!and i would be willing to pay the shipping for good sheet medal!

9. HarryH3

How quick do you need the parts? I've got my K5 in the garage on jackstands right now, but I hope to have it out in a few more days. Then I need to get the other K5 to my house and start ripping it apart. Do you know who the shipper was on the other sheet metal that you got? I'm not sure if UPS, FedEx, etc. will take parts that big.

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i think it was fedex..or ups..i know it was one of those..i could check cuase it was already there when i got home so i dont know..but i think they will take things that big...ill find out though...theres no rush on the parts..

11. HarryH3

Cool. I'll take some measurements and see what the max size is that they'll take. Hopefully you can put it to good use! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

12. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

thanx! and ohh yes i can put it to some very good use! lol..