Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tailshaft eliminator kit, anyone know about this?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89 Blazzer, Jan 6, 2002.

1. 89 Blazzer

89 Blazzer Registered Member

Has anyone done this? Does anyone know much about this? I would like to find out who makes them, how much they cost and if anyone has had good or bad experiences with it. I got some vib in the rear driveline I need to take care of, plus this looks like a good idea to strengthen up the back end.

2. lt1yj

lt1yj 1/2 ton status

I installed one in my Jeep. I'm running a '95 Chevy NP241C transfer case. I bought the JB conversions kit which is now sold under many different distributors and even rebranded. It has a 32 spline output shaft and the front shaft can be converted to the same yoke by using a Dodge output shaft also.

The kit is very easy to install and can be done in 4-6 hours including removal and installation of the Tcase in the vehicle. It only took me 2 hours to install the shortshaft kit and the new front output shaft. On the GM NP241C you will gain about 6" of driveshaft length and have a fixed rear yoke. With the yoke style front output shaft you gain another 2-3" of driveshaft length in the front.

The kit was around $350. I did this conversion about 5 years ago so I don't know what they run now.

One word of caution. Use the ULTRA BLUE or ULTRA BLACK permatex when reassembling the Tcase. Some of the other peratex will break down due to the additives in the ATF.

3. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

I installed one on my 90. I also bought a 1 ton CV. Contact Jess (drivelineman) at highangle driveline. He hooked me up.
    his e-mail forwhlr@saber.net or http://coloradok5.com/gallery/90k5blaze
    The Few, The Proud, The K5 Blazer