Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Taiwan doors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Dec 29, 2000.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    LMC has $130+freight doors. They are the "high quality replacement parts made overseas" I think that means they are the black taiwanese ones. Anyone have direct experance with LMC with these doors for fit and contour. I have seen some real junk out there, and dont want to buy it.

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I dunno man, but I've got some cheap aftermarket doors that came on my blazer. They're thinner metal, the window tracks would jam up all the time, so I am in process of making half doors out of them. Just my experience with doors.

Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok

3. K5krazy

K5krazy Registered Member

There is a company called GoodMark Industries that makes GM restoration body parts. They might have a better replacement.

4. Glenn

Glenn Registered Member

The only thing I would get from them is fender wells. I paint them three times and they hold up ok. When it comes to stuff you can see I get GM. Like doors and fenders.

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The one bad thing I've heard about the Taiwanese sheet metal is that it rusts MUCH faster than the GM stuff. Not a good thing since you live in the land of salted roads. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>