Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Take A Gander At these Headers...What do you reckon?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dhdescender, Mar 30, 2004.

1. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    Taking a look at going to an Aluminum intake and headers to open up the Caddilac. MTS seels headers for big $$$ or conversion flanges to alter chev Big block headers, but then I found these on ebay:

[​IMG]

They seem to have fairly thick flanges at both ends, and shorty's are what I would need, does anyone have any info/feedback/opinions on thse headers? They only have chrome listed, otherwise I'd opt to save a buck and just go with the regulars.

heres the ebay ad, theres about 10 of the same ad.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2469646139&category=33631

Thanks.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Hell I don't know nuthin about Caddy exhausts but haveing said that, they look nice and they seem to be able to do the job for ya and the seller feedback is pretty good specially with the number of transactions. Down side would be how much is it gonna cost to get the exhaust shop, if you can't do it yourself, to get these hooked up? I don't know if I helped any but they do look pretty damn sexy. Good luck to ya in the future.

Allan

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Not sure about the truck, but i tried these in another vehicle, and they wouldn't work due to the fact that the exits face right down on the motor mounts, i sent them back and got the shorties for that car, may want to look at this on your truck, where would the center of the hedder point when installed?

4. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    hmmm...I'll take some measurments and see if they'll work.

thats the thing, I DONT have any exhaust on there right now. I either keep the stock manifolds, get the exhaust done, and spend more later to upgrade, or just do it now, and do it right.

Caddy motor mounts are about 4" forward of a SBC, so...fingers crossed!

The flanges look thickass, that isnt everything, but its usualy a warning sign if they're really thin.

5. 85scottsdale

85scottsdale 1/2 ton status

I have heard headers for a chevelle work pretty well, that may only be on 2wd trucks though, not sure how they work on 4x4's.