Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Take a vote..all AZ K5's!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5 NUTT, Apr 2, 2000.

1. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Take a vote..all AZ K5\'s!!!

Okay, now that we all want to run the back way to Crown King and my 79 is off the injured reserve list...lol...i feel its due time to look over our respective shoulders and squint at the calendar and make this trip happen!!! Since i work Saturdays...i know..it sucks...but i was given a couple of dollar insentive to do so for another 6 months i'll cast my vote for April the 16th. Also while i'm yackin about it all those whose K5 is not up to the task please answer so those of us who are doin the drivin can make sure everyone who wants to go has a seat in one of the K5's.

Second order of buisness..where to meet: i know alot of you live on the east side...lol...but the trail is on the extreme west side of town so...hows about we meet early...say about 6am...at the Denny's resturant on Bell road just off of the 101 Loop (99th ave)...that way its early enough to grab a bite to eat...bs..bs..and more bs...lol. Also there is a Mobil across the street for any last minute i forgot gas or ice or what ever (there is actually 1 gas pump in CC but i would be afraid to see the price per Gallon up there...lol.) then from that point its a short ride to 99th ave which we can take all the way out to Castle Hot Springs road....we need to hit the trail between 8am and 9am to make CC by noonish or so for lunch...yes its a long haul up that big hill...not to mention the out road thru Cleator...Bumble Bee...etc...also as an added deal if you want we can run thru the Maggy Mine trail on the way out which will dump us out in Black Canyon City...its up to you guys...and time of course...

In closing...if anyone has last minute maintenance concerns i will open my garage on my days off (sun - mon) to help out my fellow K5ers...its equipt with every year manual the K5 existed...okay all most, i'm missing 69 thru 71...an 60 gallon air compressor and plenty o tools...so get with me if you need help with something or if you just want to hang out and bs about and look at each others K5....lol.

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

2. Orange

Orange Registered Member

Re: Take a vote..all AZ K5\'s!!!

Darn, I wish I could go with you guys. I live up in Prescott Valley, Az. Only about an hour and a half from Phoenix. My 84 K-5 isn't up and going all the way yet. Still need to get it licenced and on the road. And I don't have much experience off roading in it yet because I'm only 16. But hey good luck with the trip and have fun. Maybe I'll be able to go some other time.

3. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

The date sounds fine, but where would I meet you guys. I'll be coming down the hill from Flagstaff.

Blazin' in Flagstaff

4. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Still considering the trip

How tough is that trail?

Do you get a lot of AZ Pinstripping?

Michael

5. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Not bad at all...no pinstripping...just some good ruts and a couple good bumps to clear...nothin major!

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

6. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

That date sounds good to me, we'll be there. That's very nice of you to offer your garage up for your fellow AZ K5's.
    CB

7. Re: Take a vote..all AZ K5\'s!!!

I'm in. I still need to replace my hubs, actually I am hoping that will make my 4wd work, doesn't now. I will be ready by then.

I may take you up on the garage AZBLAZER, thanks.

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.

8. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Lets DO IT. I'm in. Anyone taking there Families? The wife and kids want to go also but if nobody else is bringing there's I let her go shopping instead.(haha)

9. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Moose, my wife and kids (2 and 4) will be going with me.
    CB

10. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Great. Mine are 4 & 6. The wife has been wanting to o bad so I'll bring them. I'll Leave the Dog at home.

11. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Hey AZBLAZER I'm in for that date (16th). I'll be a passengar this time! If anyone is going from the east valley I'd love to hook a ride from out here. Just don't want to leave one of my rides unattended for that long way up at the meeting place, and my stock rig isn't wheeling ready yet. Would REALLY love it if there was room for my 10 year old son as well. I've got lunch or gas money or whatever! [​IMG]

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

12. AZTBlazer

AZTBlazer Registered Member

Hey, I am in. Ill have to be a passenger if someone has got room.... Ill need a lot (6'6" 250lbs..) Jk. Anyways, my 71 Suburban isnt running right now, and I havent been able to buy my K5 yet. I got gas, drinks, whatever. Tom
    Oh yeah, I live close to there, so Ill meet whomever at that Dennys.

13. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Okay so far all want to go! And i take it the meeting place is okay...We have the following K5's driving...
    Moose
    BillR
    jmpd
    AZK5
    AZBlazeman
    AZBLAZER

And..if possably..(got to call tom this week...no net access or puter) Tom Goff's 72 K5...check it out in the featured rides page...he's a long time bud!!! Also Jason Meyers (80 K5) will be attending. So thats a total of 7 K5's drivin....Steve88 and AZTBlazer are needin seats....AZTBlazer...Moose..and myself all live over here on the west side...is it possable one of you East Valley folks can give Steve88 and son a lift over to the meeting spot? I'll have one passenger in the truck (Zilla)...so i've got the 2 spots in the rear open...i do smoke so be fore warned...the rear windows are sliders so that will help hopefully...can't drive that far without burnin a butt...lol..but at the same time i wish not to offend any with my filthy habit...

I vote that more than one of us (Grin) brings a camera to record the site of all those K5's on the trail and maybe one of us will set forth with pen and quil to ink a story of our passing for Steve to share with all on the site!!!

Okay..BillR..run 17 south to the new loop and get off on Bell Road...you will see the Arrowhead mall to the east...proceed east from the freeway and just past the first light you will see the Denny's on the south side of Bell...send me your zip code and i'll try to find a sight that does maps so you can have a map in advance of the trip!!!

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

14. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Oops...forgot to say CONGRATS CB on having the K5 of the month...wohoo..way to go!!!

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

15. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I wish I could go, but stuck here in Southern Cal. Have fun and keep us posted on the trip. Take some good pic's of the trip and the group and maybe Steve could post it.

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

16. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

C'moe...finally got on ICQ today #69697671. When ya headin back to the desert man?

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

17. AZTBlazer

AZTBlazer Registered Member

Yeah, Ive got a video camera that I believe is working... Ill have to check, and I can pick up tapes from my work for fairly cheap, let me know if this sounds like a good idea.
    Just thought that it would be better than pictures, but you cant post them though. Tom
    Oh yeah, no offense to you AZBLAZER, but it would be appreciated if I could ride with someone who doesnt smoke or is going with the top down.. I have a bad allergy to tabacco smoke. Thanks.

18. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

My zip is 86017 right now. That will change in a few days, as we are closing on a house in Flagstaff. The zip there is 86001.
    The trip really sounds fun. I'm SURE my rig is not as nice as most of yours, but I'm working on it!

Blazin' in Flagstaff

19. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Bill if it's a K5 it's a nice rig!
    CB

20. Re: Take a vote..all AZ K5\'s!!!

If anyone is intrested, I have created a website that will feature Arizona K5's. Check it out, it will only get better. I have a lot of experience doing this kind of stuff, hell I work for a computer company!

I will put up pics of our trip on the 16th:

http://members.spree.com/travel/azblazeman/

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.