Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TAKE MY DAMN K5 AWAY!! $250!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by anatomiczero, May 31, 2003.

1. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

Here's the story.... I met a friend at my work (McDonalds) and parked my truck in front. 2 hours later my friend gets a call and my manager is saying my truck is leaking gas all over the place.

So we get back and there's a firetruck there, my hood popped and a fuel absorber powder everywhere and a nice BIG leak from the fuel pump/rubber hose. What a PITA!! Right now it's parked there waiting for me to either tow it tomorrow or see if I can fix the leak. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

EVERY week it's something with this truck! So anyone that wants it I'll probably sell it for $250 (rebuilt tranny 1 year, crate 350 w/50k miles, newer tires, springs etc. flat black) I'm in Auburn, WA (You might have seen it if you were at White River McDonalds tonight)

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

dude these trucks are old you need to remember that /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif a rubber gas line is easy to fix 2 hose clamps and maybe a $3 at most rubber hose and you are good to go just make sure it was not rubbing on anything to make the hole

3. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

If you were within 500 miles of Indiana it would already be in my driveway.

Don't give it away like that man... You'll regret it forever.

Cheers,
    Scott

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Sold!

LMAO i couldn't do that to ya man, keep it. unless you really really really want it gone, then yeah keep it,LMAO!!

-Jeremy

but you know where I am if ya want it gone /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Here's the story.... I met a friend at my work (McDonalds) and parked my truck in front. 2 hours later my friend gets a call and my manager is saying my truck is leaking gas all over the place.

So we get back and there's a firetruck there, my hood popped and a fuel absorber powder everywhere and a nice BIG leak from the fuel pump/rubber hose. What a PITA!! Right now it's parked there waiting for me to either tow it tomorrow or see if I can fix the leak. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

EVERY week it's something with this truck! So anyone that wants it I'll probably sell it for $250 (rebuilt tranny 1 year, crate 350 w/50k miles, newer tires, springs etc. flat black) I'm in Auburn, WA (You might have seen it if you were at White River McDonalds tonight)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure someone would be willing to help you fix it.... offer up a case of beer or a few bucks... it's not worth getting rid of it. I about had an attack the other and sold everything, but I got calmed down. Glad I did too, wtf was I thinking!

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

umm i beileve that was woody who said that in your sig.."that isnt flying...its falling..with style"

yea i know..i need a life! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

how old are you? im 16 and am getting better and better at fixing my truck. i knwo what you mean i have felt the same way befor but ya just gatta look at it and say "allright you sum-bitch im ganan fix ur a$$!"..least thats what i do..gives me motivation..and the bigger problem i fix..the more courage i have ot do a bigger one..and ur knowledge and skill will only get better from it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i got plenty of stuff i gatta do..my truck makes a noise when i turn..thinking u-joints?...i need a new gas tank, tie rod end, e-brake cable, fix front drive shaft slipyoke and theres always more that could be done.. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

A new car will have bigger-better-more expensive problems that unless you have a warranty you will not be able to fix.

9. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Buzz Lightyear says it at the end of the movie, too.

DOn't try to argue with me- I've seen that damn movie hundreds of times.

10. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Canmore is right... at the end where they both become friends Buzz says it. Anyways.... don't sell your truck dude! I've had tranny problems with my truck since a couple of months after I bought it, and I've finally got a good tranny sitting ready to go in. I know it sucks constantly working on it, but its kinda fun too! Now if it would only quit raining so that I could work on my truck and it will finally move under its own power again.

11. anatomiczero

If I pull the rubber hose will it leak a lot? It was on a little decline when it leaked last night.Or could it be the pump leaking? Well I guess I'll find out soon.

12. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

look- just get yourself a prescription for some kind of ADD medication. . . take twice the dose and you will work on your truck for hours not getting bored at all. . . i do it constantly /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif:D guess i need some to finish up that shackle flip /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. anatomiczero

I replaced the fuel pump and fuel lines from the gas tank, it's leaking bad from the metal tube going to the carb. Going to replace that tomorrow.

14. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

bad fuel line..i had that hapen to a trany coolent line..it ruptured and leaked and mad smoke from going on the headers...cut that section out and replaced with rubber hose...good to go..

15. anatomiczero

Can't, it's where it connects to the fuel pump. Maybe I need some kind of plumber's tape or something on the thread?

16. rigdonhome

[ QUOTE ]
    Can't, it's where it connects to the fuel pump. Maybe I need some kind of plumber's tape or something on the thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also get a brass fitting to thread into the fuel pump that has a nipple (giggle) on it and run rubber to the next 'good' metal line. Any hardware or parts store should have this in their brass fittings section.

Use Teflon tape on any metal-to-metal threads. Can't hurt.

Be sure to put a 'lip' of some kind to keep the rubber from sliding off of. Even with double clamps I've seen it happen if you just put rubber over 'smooth' metal line.

Also take the time to use zip ties to keep the rubber tied tight either 'to or off of' surrounding items to keep it from rubbing holes in the rubber.

Glad to see you're fixing it!!!

Cheers,
    Scott

17. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

look- just get yourself a prescription for some kind of ADD medication. . . take twice the dose and you will work on your truck for hours not getting bored at all. . . i do it constantly /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif guess i need some to finish up that shackle flip

[/ QUOTE ] thats because u dont actually need it, those of us with ADD are effected a little differently, i was on ritalin of a loong time and it made me groggy and boring, then adderal was even worse i acted stoned and tired all the time.

18. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is another one of those "opinion" projects I am betting. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Those fittings are not *supposed* to seal around the threads, it's the same setup as the brake lines..the flare is what *should* be sealing. The nut at the carb does not seat that way though, it's just "standard" fine thread. As long as what you use teflon tape on isn't what puts pressure on the flare, you should be ok though. (in other words, don't let the tape interfere with the end of the fitting/pipe)

Some advice. If you are unthreading the steel fuel line, don't do this with a Q-jet, without using a wrench on the fuel filter housing. 1" IIRC. You have to really watch the fuel line itself, if it's "bonded" to the fuel filter housing, it may very well twist itself up. If thats the case, most any auto parts store should stock that piece, if not, GM still does I believe.

19. 83PJW

83PJW 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

look- just get yourself a prescription for some kind of ADD medication. . . take twice the dose and you will work on your truck for hours not getting bored at all. . . i do it constantly /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif guess i need some to finish up that shackle flip

[/ QUOTE ] thats because u dont actually need it, those of us with ADD are effected a little differently, i was on ritalin of a loong time and it made me groggy and boring, then adderal was even worse i acted stoned and tired all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah they gave me this stuff, it was green, it also made me tired and groggy all the time...ohh hungry too!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. rigdonhome

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah they gave me this stuff, it was green, it also made me tired and groggy all the time...ohh hungry too!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My first reply to this was such a Rant I had to delete it!!! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I've been diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, etc., etc., and been on my fair share of Mind-Altering Drugs. (All Prescription!!!) The last one nearly left me a vegetable. Seriously. Read the fine print on those prescriptions, my friends, because your Good Doc won't tell you all the Dangers of them and he/she gets a kickback for every Script he/she writes... Disgusting, eh?

Here's my humble opinion: ADD, ADHD, OCD, Bi-Polar (I prefer Manic-Depressive, the Non-PC term), GAD, etc., etc., are all just labels that pharmaceutical companies made up to sell drugs. ADD is a Personality TYPE, not a Disorder. Bi-Polar is a Personality TYPE, not a Disorder. If we 'Cure' all of these Personality 'Diroders', won't everyone be the 'Same'???

Love Who You Are. If your Boss/Wife/Girlfriend/Neighbor doesn't like you for who you are, get a new Boss/Wife/Girlfriend/Neighbor. Don't try to take a pill to 'Cure' it. Just my Humble Opinion.

Food for Thought.

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cheers,
    Scott