Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Take that, fart-can Civic!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blaze, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Finally warmed up enough to take out the Bandit last night. I go around the block and and as I am sitting at the stoplight, a white Civic with the whole wing/fartcan/sticker package is sitting across the intersection from me. He is going left, I am going straight. He starts revvign his engine, so I start revving mine. Light turns green, I run it up to about 5k and dump the clutch. Tires break look burn out all the way through the intersection, shift into second and finally hook. Back off of it so I can see him, he tried his hardest to do a burnout and all he could muster was a squeek. Then he just farted away quietly. Maybe he just couldn't see through all the tire smoke, I dunno. Man, I hate those cars. Had to post this, that was my first big burnout in that car. Finally got it tuned up right and the carb super-tuned and it screams now. Ugly as all hell, but it screams!

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

This is the bad side, I swear!
    [​IMG]

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

That is a good looking car. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Thanks! Can't wait for it to warm up so I can hang the new fender and door. You can see they are pretty beat up in the picture. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Man I miss my TA, what year is yours, 400 or 403?

6. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Mine is a 79. 400/4spd.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yer breakin my heart - Seriously. I'm dying for one of those puppies...

8. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I was too. I come a cross them a lot, considering I'm in the TA parts business. You want me to keep you in mind if I find a restorable one?

9. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I think you need the firebird on the hood in gold /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

It is, you just can't see it. It is faded so bad that I have a rusty bird on the hood. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, but I can't really consider anything until my house is livable, prolly for another 6 months. If you do find one that's worth the grand or so for transport, let me know.

12. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I'll let you know. If you know anyone with a car trailer, I can probably deliver halfway, if I find anything.

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Oh right, I forgot you're in NC! I hadn't looked and was thinking you're in New Mexico for some reason. If something comes up around time for a vacation, maybe I can tell the wife we'll go visit some friends we have in Nashville, and make a swing by NC on the way. Mysteriously find out there's a Firebird or TA available...

14. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Haha, that's the ticket! You have to pick up I-40 alond the way anyway, right? Just say you're gonna stop and see a friend, and wow, he has a TA for sale! Haha. I'll keep you posted, bud.

15. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Wow, nice car. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I don't see those around much..

16. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Thanks! I just can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can start the restoration!

17. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Then he just farted away quietly

[/ QUOTE ] That, my friend, is an oxymoron. Kind of like "Nice looking" ricer. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Now that I think about [canadian] aboot [canadian/] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif it a "nice looking ricer" is like a bigfoot sighting......some people claim to have seen one, but no proof exists /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif And as we all know..............Bigfoot was an entity that was followed and supported by numerous eccentric groups.................just like the Taliban................so, I submit to you that all Ricers are members of the Taliban and should be dealt with accordingly. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

18. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    That, my friend, is an oxymoron. Kind of like "Nice looking" ricer.
    Now that I think about [canadian] aboot [canadian/] it a "nice looking ricer" is like a bigfoot sighting......some people claim to have seen one, but no proof exists And as we all know..............Bigfoot was an entity that was followed and supported by numerous eccentric groups.................just like the Taliban................so, I submit to you that all Ricers are members of the Taliban and should be dealt with accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif agree wit ya 100% /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

jacob

19. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I love T/A's, just never cared for the factory rims. Do you plan on keeping them on, or putting some aftermarket wheels in thier place ???