Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Take the body off the frame to install a body lift?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by chris672, Apr 15, 2002.

1. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

I bought a 1" body lift and new body mounts. I was going to install it myself. I did one on the Toyota that I used to have so I kind of know what I am doing. I've been feeling lazy and thought I'd call a couple of shops and see how much to have someone do it for me. I called Pickup Outfitters and they quoted me $600 because they said that they have to take the body off of the frame, not just lift it up about an inch. I laughed and hung up. I called Valley Truck Works and they told me $350. I'm thinking about just having them do it for me because I dont know when I'm going to have any time to do it myself, I work all week and dont really feel like doing on the weekends. Do people really pay $600 to install and body lift?

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Well yes..people will pay that much to get it done. If you lived closer I would be willing to help you. Just do one side at a time.

3. LiftedAssDodge

LiftedAssDodge 1/2 ton status

ITS EASY FROM WHAT IVE HEARD, ALL IT IS IS CHANGING BODY MOUNTS REALLY, JUST REMEBER EVERYTHING STRETCHES, I HAVE A 3 INCH BODY ON MINE BUT I REALLY WISH THAT THE GUY I BOUGHT IT FROM WOULDA DONE A 10 INCH SUSPENSION CAUSE ITS A PAIN STRETCHING THE STEERING COLUMN AND SUCH

4. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

I'm sure that I will do it my self, I've just been feeling lazy and and I've been working on my truck a lot lately and getting kind of burnt out. I'm sure that I will feel like doing it by Sat. I just thought it was funny that the guy said that they had to take the body completely off the truck to put the body lift on and that it would cost $600. Why would anyone pay $600 + the price of a body lift instead on buying a suspension lift?

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

ok first problem i see is that you called pickup outfitters...i have some dumb ass friends that work there and they dont know [censored] about what they sell...there is a guy in there named andrew...anytime a blazer comes in needing suspension type stuff he calls me to make sure he is sellin them the right part...its kinda sad...i should be put on their payroll for all the calls i get from em..at least 1 call per day...sometimes more...also valley truck, pickup outfitters and dentonis are all the same company. call dustin at dentonis in stockton (they are on airport way off charter if you dont know) and get a price from him...some times he gives killer deals and sometimes he will bend ya over and rape ya...just gota hit him on the right day...let me know who ya talked to a pickup outfitters...i am kinda courious and want to give someone some [censored] about it /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

I dont know who it was but I dont think they had a clue or they were hoping that I was an idiot that they could rape real good. I was just calling to get some prices to see if it would be worth it to have someone do it for me.