Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Takin off the doors?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87sm465np208, Sep 26, 2002.

1. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

i wanna drive around town with no doors for a day, ive seen blazers do that before, i know i need mirrors on both sides, how do i do that, is the a way i dont have to drill? like clamp on mirrors of some sort to the cab, i think this would be really cool to do, thanks guys. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

You could attach the mirrors to the top hinge...bolt on.

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I taped a mirror on for Moab. It lasted one day...............I now have no side mirrors. Had at least three cops drive behind, me not had a problem yet....knocks on wood somewhere /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

i like the bolt on idea, i will try to find some cheap mirrors to do it with, dammit, my dad had some old cheap whilte color side mirrors i could of use, might be fun to do if it stays warm out here, and no chance of rain. or the fender bolt that is a wee bit higher then the door hinge, i will see, it has to be warm and i would probly do it on the weekend when there is no school.