Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Taking 1st test drive tomorrow...from L.A. to Utah. Could use phone #'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Skigirl, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Taking 1st test drive tomorrow...from L.A. to Utah. Could use phone #\'s

Hi,

Well I'm test driving the rig for the first time since I got it. Taking it from Los Angeles to Utah and back. Hope it works [​IMG].

In case it doesn't anybody willing to give me phone numbers if I get stuck? I'm going up I-15 all the way to just north of Salt Lake.

I'll have my ham radio on, call sign KG6JLI.

Wish me luck! [​IMG]

Gone Skiing!

Ski

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book. Inside of a dog, it is very dark.</font color=blue> [​IMG]

2. BigBadCad

BigBadCad 1/2 ton status

Re: Taking 1st test drive tomorrow...from L.A. to Utah. Could use phone #\'s

BYOB unless you like 3.2 beer....We always say that drinking Utah beer is like F%#king in a canoe...damn close to water.

What areas will you be skiing? You might want to try Snowbasin where in less than a month they will have the Olympic downhill.

Good luck on your roadtrip...we live in the upper north eastern corner so I don't think we could be of much help if you broke down.

1980 chevy 4x4 1-ton crewcab, 500 caddy, York OBA...work in progress.

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

If you really really lost and end up in louisiana I'll be on the 2 meter rig ( KC5SBB) LOL
    nathan

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i'm in las vegas i-15 goes through my town. but i won't be home this weekend if you do need my help.

--Scott, 1989 GMC Suburban 2500 4" lift, 36" TSLs
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/muddysub>http://community.webshots.com/user/muddysub</a>

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

AJ, not a beer drinker, but I have some awesome red wines and a nice sipping rum and some kick a$$ cognac that I'm bringing.

BTW, I am going to Snowbasin. Been skiing there and Powder Mountain for years now. Know all the locals, hang at the Shooting Star... it was a best kept secret for a long time. Oh, well. I'll be there til opening ceremonies unless the snow craps out, then I'll go where it's good.

Thanks for the offer of help!

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book. Inside of a dog, it is very dark.</font color=blue> [​IMG]

6. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Hey Nathan! I'll check out my rig, it'll be a first for that too! Maybe 2 meter will reach that far.... [​IMG]

7. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

O.K., I work/live/try to escape Ut. I'll P.M. you my Phone numbers.

Enjoy, skiing should be pretty good, seams to me we've had some pretty good stoms this year.

I haven't skied in years...just don't have the time. Sure would like to pick it back up tho'.

<font color=white>.</font color=white>Eric
    <font color=white>.</font color=white>Twizted

8. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Were only 24 behind you, I do carry a tow strap - hehe. We'll look for K5s by the side[​IMG]. I'll PM you our cell #'s. You gonna have your HT up Sunday night? How about 146.4 2M simplex if you are. We'll holler if it's not too late.

<font color=blue>azblazor</font color=blue>
    <font color=orange> 79 K5 454-FI / 4L80E, NP205, D60, FF14, 4" lift, 9K Warn </font color=orange>

9. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Mark,

I PM'd you. Truck's not quite ready so I'm leaving Sunday too, about the time you are. I check in with you on cell, but should try out the HT. 146.4 simplex..got it.

Keep that tow strap in your rig. Just in case [​IMG]

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I live in Sacramento.... so if you change your mind (you might wanna watch the weather report there's supposed to be a bad storm hammering our area and moving into Nevada tonight and tomorrow...) and take Hwy 99 or I-5 and then cut over later on you can call me for help.... I'll PM you some numbers. I'll be out and about but at the very least I can help you find someone who can help you if you need it...! Or you can call me so I can post any questions on repairs and phone you with the replies if you need em.....

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

11. BigBadCad

BigBadCad 1/2 ton status

ttt

1980 chevy 4x4 1-ton crewcab, 500 caddy, York OBA...work in progress.