Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

taking a truck away with no axles..?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Oct 16, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

anyone had a junker come and pickup a truck with no axles? how do they do it? guy says he can do it..i thought they would take a flat bed and tilt it back and crank it on the the bed or something..?

2. bigjerm

bigjerm Registered Member

That’s how they took away my parts truck. They used a flatbed with a winch hooked to the drive shaft. It will scratch up your drive way when they drag it up.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

uyea thats what i thought and was tellin my dad and hes like nah they cant do that and blabla...but i think hes wrong lol. i wanted ot make sure cause im about ot go out and put it in the driveway and taske the axles out from it..

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I had that problem. I could not find anyone to come get the truck that I snagged the axles from. I ended up borrowing the same trailer that I used to get it home to take it to the junkyard. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

I had to back the trailer up under the front leafs and then I used a come-along to winch it up. I left my Burb in neutral and actually pulled the trailer and Burb underneath the stationary parts truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

rollback, but will leave scrapes from where its sitting and up to end of bed that its drug up onto, ive had a billion vehicles hauled away that ive removed frames or axles from, sometimes worse, i dont even worry about it
    when i go to remove a chassis or axles or suspensions i use two cherry pickers to lift body tub, i can get a suburban body up so high that the bototm of the body tub is at yuor head when youre standing.
    ive doen soem insane stuff out here when cutting up stuff, also ive taken and removed (or cut straight down in middle of arches) the front fenders and tubs and cut frame rails at judst behind upper shock ends and remove entire front chunk with suspension and drivetrain and all with a cherry picker, use another vehicle to jerk the body tub and rear 2/3 odf the chassis rearwards, those are the fun ones /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

6. bigjerm

bigjerm Registered Member

Put the truck on some railroad ties or wood blocks that will save the driveway /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Better yet set it on several round fence posts. then as they drag it take the ones that come out the back and put them back in front until it gets onto the flatbed. Just think how they built those piramid's in Egypt by dragging all the big stones around /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ha sounds like fun..i dunno sometimes i think id be better of running a junkyard then fixing them up lol..it IS fun anyway..but yea does it get old..kinda funny though cause i live in ur regualer neighborhood and have these trucks sitting around the house that make it look like a junnkyard lol you should see some of the looks we get sometimes /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ah no driveway to worry bout here..my drive way is practicly all gravel lol /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif