Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Taking apart and putting back together a 205?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chvyhs, Feb 12, 2004.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I'm about to take my 205 apart and have the bearing hole machined to fit the T400 input bearing. I just wanted to know if it's a pain to put the thing back together again? Is there anything to watch out for when I do this?

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

There is some decent info in the Tech section
    205 tech
    I am about to swap a fixed yoke into my 205. Was just wonder the same. I am going to do it with T-case in truck though.

3. FWP

FWP CRS

Naw, it's easy dude. The hardest part is getting the shims lined up for the counter gear shaft, just use lotsa grease. Grind the shift rails for twin stick while you have it apart /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

It is a stupid simply t-case once you get into it...just make sure you have some real HEAVY DUTY snapring pliers. I think if you take it apart piecewise and lay out the parts in the order that they came out of the case you will understand exactly how it works and it will go back like clockwork...

Chris

5. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info. I had seen the 205 tech post before and didn't think about saving it at the time.

This is going to be a doubler set up for my Suburban and I'm doing it all on a bench.