Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Taking out a 3" body lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazin topless 75, Feb 6, 2004.

1. blazin topless 75

blazin topless 75 Registered Member

Taking out a 3\" body lift

I want to take out the 3" body lift on my truck. I've never done anything like it before and have a few questions: Where can I find a poly bodymount kit for it? I've searched the net for a couple of days and can't find a complete kit including the bolts.
    What else is involved with it? I can assume that there will be some steering adjustment to go with it, shift linkage replacement (it's an automatic). What else do I need to do? Any thing you guys can tell me would ba a great help. I've got 6" of suspension lift and I want to run 35s on it without looking too top heavy...
    Sean /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

Re: Taking out a 3\" body lift

you wont have to replace any linkage or correct for steering, but adjusting the linkage may be necessary.. post the year and model of your truck and someone will point you in the right direction for all the parts you need..

3. blazin topless 75

blazin topless 75 Registered Member

Thanks. It's a 75 Blazer.

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

im sure Off Road Design can throw a set of bushings and bolts together for ya /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

check them out
    PST ^^ can put together a kit for whatever you need..
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

Shouldn't have any problems, the tranny linkage will be fine, they may or may not of put a steering spacer in, just look at the steering shaft and see if there is a 2 inch spacer on it before it gets to the steering box, shouldn't hurt to leave it on. The e brake cable may of had a bracket put on it and that will need to come off, usually along the frame, under the driver door. Also look to see how the fan shroud accomodated the fan, there may be spacers splitting the top and bottom halfs. To find the bolts, might just post it on here, plenty of guys put lifts on and may have kept thier old bolts.

7. wolfy87

wolfy87 Registered Member

I'd check that shifter linkage very close. I helped a buddy put a body lift on an 88 Chevy truck which I'm sure has a similar linkage set up. Whe had to cut the linkage and weld in a 2" filler piece that came with the kit. Look for the weld. Also look and see how the fuel tank filler neck has been modified/ lengthened. Should be easy to revert to stock. Also check the fan shroud and radiator mounting as there are spacers/ brackets that had to raise those because they are affixed to the body. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

It would be valuable to get your hands on the instructions for a body lift for a K5 so you can go in and make sure you've accounted for all the modifications. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif