Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

taking the doors off

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by silver, Sep 5, 2002.

1. silver

silver Registered Member

how hard is it to take the doors off my 70 blazer and how long does it take?

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

I can have them off in under 5 minutes with a cutting torch. but really all you have to do is unbolt them, either at the door or behind the fender
    the door side would be the easiest and quickest it's just a matter of getting it to line back up once you put them back on if you plan to

3. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

I drove the pins out of the hinges on my toyota and replaced them with removable pins. This makes easy work of removal an reinstallation. I don't know why it wouldn't work on a Chevy.

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

it only takes a few minutes.it helps a lot to have a friend there so youy can have him hold it up when you take out the final bolts.the door weighs about 50 pounds or more.i have done it myself but its not much fun.gotta hold the door in one hand and the ratchet in the other so the door doesnt fall to the ground as you pop the last bolts.