Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Talk about bad luck. Just read this

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Apr 3, 2000.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Nothing too exciting here. I just had one of those nights that everything went wrong so I have to share. I had a mechanic friend of mine put some new heads on my 350. Wouldn't have had to do any of this if the rebuilt heads would have been worth a crap. He's had the truck since before Xmas, but it didn't matter since I broke my leg in January and couldn't drive it until now. Went to pick it up and it sputtered to a stop about 2 miles away from his house. Sounded like it was out of gas and since my gauge is broken I thought that was it. Thank God my girlfriend was following me so we drove forever to a gas station and back. Put the gas in and it still didn't start. Then I remembered I'd had trouble a while ago with water getting in my tank. Nothing I could do there, so I whipped out the cell phone and the AAA card. Waited an HOUR for the tow driver and drove the rest of the 20 miles back to my house at 25 mph because it wasn't a flatbed truck. AND I had to pay extra money not only for the extra miles, but because I just had the "basic" AAA membership. What a bunch of sh*t. AND then the driver kept my flashlight I let him borrow. I think thats about everything. But at least I'm home and I haven't knocked anyone out yet. So now tomorrow I get to drain all the junk out of my gas tank and fill 'er up and try it again. I think the worst part was not being able to drive my K5 for such a long time.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that man. I hope the everything ends up fine and it doesn't complicate any more (trust me, it can always get worse).

How about me, after spending $150 on a new distributor, today I found out that the problem is something. Pisses me off, I could have gotten the new carpet for my Blazer I've been wishing for a long time.

Good Luck and hope to hear you're BLAZING soon.

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]

3. Blaize

Blaize Registered Member

Wow ! Someday (when I'm sane again) I'll tell two stories in detail: (1) I just found coat-hangers near my truck in my driveway, some punks were trying to break in... (2) bought my '85 recently, 1 month dealing with smog certificates and pissed off seller, now small-claims court to collect the $700 I had to pay for passing smog...

At least you are home with your truck !

Blaize

4. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

I remember when my wife and I road tripped up to longview to look at a boat. On our way there the Blaze was sluggish and not much power to it and occasionally vibrations could be felt. I figured it was running rough ,spark plug fell off or something simple. NOOOOOPPPPPEEEEE. On our way home I-5 southbound I got sick of the vibes and crappy running so I stomped on it. She roaared to life and kkkaaaaaa poowwwwww. out the side under the vehicle shot my driveline. Man that thing can fly. It must have skidded a 1/2 mile. Needless to say. 312.00 for a AAA tow back to my house and 525.00 for a new CV joint driveline. I can totally sympathize