Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Talk about depressing....Chaz, Take your bad luck back dammit

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Zeus33rd, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Chalk up another transmission to the big block. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif This time I cracked the case of the TH400 right where it mounts to the adapter. Ugh....I'm soooo tired of messin with transmissions. Now I have ANOTHER frickin swap to look forward too, and thats when I can figure out where to get another TH400..... <font color="red"> ARGGHHH!!!!!! </font color> Actaully I think the case already had a small crack in the same place, I just made it worse. It had been leakin from there since I installed it. So now is when I go hide under a big frickin rock for about 10,000 years and be pissed off at my truck for a couple weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Dang, that's 2 transimissions in a month isn't it? Someone is trying to tell you something! Here's a hint - do the manual swap... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

3. Zeus33rd

I know dude....I need to do that. But I don't have anything else to drive, so I have to go with the quickest option. Doin a SM465 swap is not the quickest. I can swap to another TH400 in a couple hours. I'd have to find either a 205 to go with the 465 or an adapter to mount my 208 to the 465....Ugh, My head hurts. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

well, i gotta ask: what where you doing when it cracked? I was skying mine out of the bowl in Hollister Hills, which, ironically is the same play area my Junk caught fire after Rita jumped the truck out of, you guessed it! the Bowl in Hollister.

So what jackassery where you up to? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Zeus33rd

I had the t-case in low, (208) and tranny in 1st....was in a pile of cobble sized rocks slowly clawing and spinning to the top....I smelled the fluid actually. Like I said, I'm pretty sure it had a small crack before I started, I just agrevated it. Now I just wanna fling poo at my truck. Fawkin bastard. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

time for a manual swap! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Now I just wanna fling poo at my truck

[/ QUOTE ]

Why fling it? Isn't it to the point yet to when you crawl up on the hood and squat. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. Zeus33rd

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Why fling it? Isn't it to the point yet to when you crawl up on the hood and squat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You read my mind. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Damn dude! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Looks like we're both searching for TH400's now huh. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

If i happen to stumble across two, i'll be sure to let you know. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't feel bad man. I keep getting faster and faster each time i have to pull out my tranny and install it again in my car. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Last time, by myself i had it out in a little over an hour. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif of course theres no t-case to mess with on that one, thats why i don't mind doing it so much. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I've been starting to think manual is the way to go also.
    But i like to powershift so i think the NV4500 is more my style for my truck. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I just need to find a lenco tranny for my car.

10. Zeus33rd

No more auto's for me....I've decided that my truck isn't goin back on the road unless it's got a 465 in it. Sick and tired of dealin with the damn auto's. I'm workin on a couple deals for 465/205 and 465/203 set-up's...Wish me luck. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

11. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good luck bro.
    Get that 205! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif