Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Talked to Harry Kalas on the phone last night!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blaze, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

My parents are down at Phillies spring training and I called them on their cell phone right as they were leaving the game. They saw Harry Kalas and started talking to him. He asked who was on the phone and my mom said her son who he met back in 1993. He asked to talk and said hey to me and talked for a little while. It was very cool. He's a very good guy, how many other anouncers would take the time to do that. Man, that made my night! I have beena die-hard Phillies fan as long as I have been alive. Damn, I can't wait for baseball season!

For those of you who don't know, he has been the voice of the Philadelphia Phillies broadcasting as long as I can remember and does some commercials, like the Campbells Chunky Soup commercials. Man, it was very cool!

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

C'mon, I know we have some Phils fans here!

3. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Used to be a Kansas City Royals and Red Sox fan, but then I discovered...
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have you ever been to Fenway?

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I like football to, but I'm a diehard baseball fan. Played in high school and college and thought about going to some major leage tryouts before I had back surgery and got waaaaaay out of shape.

Never been to Fenway, either. Only stadiums I have been to are Veterans Stadium and Turner Field. And, of course, Jack Russel Stadium in Clearwater!