Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tall Burb??

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by 55Willy, Dec 22, 2002.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Who's got a tall burb? How much lift you running and tires size?
    I'm needing an advertising rig for Howlin' Off Road and decided to get a suburban.

I have an idea what size I want(clearing 39" baja belted /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, just seeing what others are running.

-Jeremy
    " /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif"

2. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey there Jeremy, glad to see you are still alive. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif If you REALY need a promo burb, I would be willing let you put stuff on mine. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gifLOL

I'm sure you already know mine, but here it is anyhow:

35x15.5x16.5 TSL/SX's with 4.75 inches of back spacing on 4 inch ProComp front springs, 5.5 superlift blocks in the rear, and a 1 inch ORD body lift. I do get minor rubbing when wheeling hard though.

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I'd love to be a show-burb for your stuff, but alas, I live too many thousand miles away. I'm also currently jobless, which is making both my buildup and playing not work out quite right. other then those minor setbacks, sign me up!

current vehicle stats: 1973 K20 suburban 350/350/205. 33x12.50 16.5 pepboy tires, on 9.75x16.5 white wagon spoke wheels ( might put the alloys back on, which are outlaw II design, same size) currently painted black sprayon truckbed liner, and deep forest green metalic. only has 4 inches lift right now, but hope to make it bigger soon.

by february: replace 350 with 454.

when I get more money/a good job: 6 or 8 inch spring lift, ( possibly a springer setup) SM465/205 combo, 36-38 inch tires ( not sure tread pattern yet, possibly swamper tsl sx's) D60 front, crossover steering, etc.

-Rich

4. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I think he said He is getting himself a Suburban. 6" lift and 39" tires would be cool.

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

He did, he is looking at getting a burb for himself to use as an advertising vehicle for Howlin Offroad. He's wanting to see pics of burbs and the lifts and tires that are on them /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i have 7" of lift and 36s check out my webshots. the only new pics are the ones where it's all grey.

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Couple of weeks I'll have a 6" lifted on 35's.............ordered the springs Friday. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Mike-
    I not only "need" a burb to put stuff on, I need one to drive everyday.LOL the Jeep Cherokee has died on me for the last time, I'm tired of every 2 weeks having to replace something.

I already knew you specs.. in fact I probably know all the specs of all those who replied,LOL /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rich-
    You could have the stuff.... after you buy it,LMAO. the distance thing is a killer. After I unvail the BURB I hope to get a "fullsize" of orders. the sound of 38's or 39's is about right.

Tom-
    " 6" and 39's sound about right" Mine will have 39's and 6" all spring lift.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif(and then some......)

Jeff-
    yeap, need pics, also what is the set up you guys are running to keep the ass end up where it needs to be? about 1" taller or more?

Scott-
    Yours looks great with the fresh coat of evil grey /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif
    but what about a nice flexxy pic of that rear shock set up you have.LOL

-Jeremy

9. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Cool! What kit did ya end up ordering?

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

6" from Tuff Country (ORD) with all greasable bushings, HD extended shackle, sway bar disco..............rear will be blocks for the next few months till I decide on the mode of lift. Probably will be Superlift 6" springs later on.

Putting 35x12.5x16 X-Terrains on it............4WPW has a buy 3, get one free sale till Jan 1. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Sounds sweet! It'll be interesting to see how it works with the 6 inch blocks. That's starting to get pretty tall and provides lots of leverage against the springs. Let us know if it wheel hops off road!

13. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Are 12" National springs and 44"x18.5" Mud Countrys on 14" wide Welds on a corvette red Suburban tall enuff for you? Check my webshots page...actually those shots are pre-44" tires, when the Sub only had 39.5" Swampers. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

14. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

thanks for the compliment. and thanks to your shock mounts my shocks are too short! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif i need 5012s now. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

15. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

I had 8" front springs and 4"rears with a shackle flip and 39.5 boggers on my '70

16. JAXSTER

JAXSTER 1/2 ton status

I've seen taller but my Mud Sub sits on 6" springs and 38.5 Swampers [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif
    Long live the Longtops! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

17. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I'm on 6" suspension, 2" body, and 38's. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Hey willy,
    To keep the rear there I just ran superlift rears. Mine are the soft rides but superlift shows subs as having 52 inch springs so they have to be ordered off of 1ton pick up to get the 56 inchers. The over loads on them are curved up which help in the support department but they still flex like no tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be able to get together to wheel soon so you can see what I mean.
    Aaron /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

19. bigd_176

bigd_176 Registered Member

I'm selling a 1993 gmc suburban that i lifted about 9 months ago. It has a ford 9" rear end with 4.88 gears and a factory traclok, disk brakes and stainless braided lines. The front is a Dana 44 with 3/4 ton knuckles and high steer arms with 1 1/4 inch solid steel tie rod and drag link with 3/4 inch heim joints also with stainless braided brake lines. I have brand new 4.86 gears for the front but don't have them in yet. The burb is lifted about 20+" with 42" swampers mounted on 15 x 14 allied racing 32 bolt beadlock wheels. There is NO!! body lift or blocks on this burb. It's all spring. 12" front and 8" rear superlift springs from a 90 suburban. It has a huge custom front crossmember / spring hanger and custom rear leaf hangers. The burb is loaded with every option except for leather. IT HAS Power windows, cruise and rear air! It does need paint and it has a brand new steel cowl hood. I have well over $17,000 invested in the burb but need to sell it to start a business so i'm willing to take a loss and sell it for $10,500. I do have pictures if you want to see them e-mail me! I would be willing to take partial trades ($3000-3500 worth) E-mail me at bigd_176@hotmail.com or you can call me at 417-827-9919 if i don't answer leave me a voicemail and i will call you back. I'm located in Springfield, MO and can help with delivery
    l8ter, Derek suburban pics /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

20. bigd_176

bigd_176 Registered Member

I Have to sell the burb ASAP i will take $9000 for it now!!

suburban pics