Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Talladega fan's pretty much suck........

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

What a bunch of assholes. So Gordon passed Earnhardt on the all time win list and they have to throw garbage on the track. Lot of class right there.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I feel their pain. Although they should not have directed their anger towards Gordon, it should have been directed to the douchebags officiating it.

Here's the way I see it.

Gordon is in the lead, the #00 blows up. Yellow flies. Cleanup crews are sent out to "take care" of the mess. Now I don't know if there was a legitimate clean up or not, more than likely though since usually when someone blows up, there's stuff on the track.

Here's where I question the integrity of the whole deal. Talladega is 2.66 miles in length. It took them FIVE F'N LAPS for the cleanup. Let's cover some key points here real quick.

-The one to go got blown off. HMMM.

-Once the green dropped, Gordon was going to get passed, plain and simple. Always happens.

-The chances of another wreck on the restart, this close to the end, pretty darn close.

-Gordon is leading.

-There's cars behind Gordon that might run out of fuel.

-It's Earnhardt's birthday.

-It's Talladega.

-Gordon winning would put him past Earnhardt on the all-time wins list.

-Gordon is NASCAR's poster boy.

I would highly suggest that no, NASCAR did not script the race. I would though highly suggest that the race was at a point where the powers that be in NASCAR could "influence" the finish into something they would like to have.

In my 35 years on this planet, I have seen only one situation that could be legitimately explained as a coincidence and I do not believe in them because they are not an everyday occurrence.

It was a bull**** finish, NASCAR knows it, the fans know it and it's time for the officials at NASCAR to quit playing hanky panky with the races because if it gets too bad and the legitimate drivers leave, then NASCAR goes bye bye.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I'm gonna have to disagree with that. I would be willing to bet that Rick Hendrick personally gave orders to Johnson to block anyone who tried to pass. I'm sure he wanted his #24 team to get 77 even if it meant the #48 team had to sacrifice for it. It was also pretty clear that Gordon had the best car on the track today by far. I just thought it was BS that the fans acted that way no matter how the race ended. Throwing crap on the track gives the sport a real bad name. And not excepting the fact that someone is a very good driver if not one of the best is pretty chicken sh!t. Just cause he does not fit into the mold of what some douche bag thinks a NASCAR driver should be like is pretty lame.......

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Actually I don't think Johnson would have been able to hold off the herd. There was a lot of good cars up there in the Top 10 and Johnson isn't that good.

It's true that Gordon was vilified last week and it's true that he was vilified this week and it's true that he doesn't deserve it, no matter how much of a douchebag I think he is. I don't really agree with the fans' anger being directed toward him, but it's about time that NASCAR gets called on the carpet for their craphouse officiating of races.

5. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I agree that those are some low class fans. And if nascar wanted to make a "historic" race out of this they would've made it so JR. won.

6. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Sorry I missed the race, I was working on my truck for the 1st time this year.
    So tell me,
    After the caution, didn't they do the green, white checker?
    Seems to me that if they did, Gordon won plain and simple and the fans
    are a bunch of A-holes. A win is a win.
    Earnhardt's record was going to get passed no matter what.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

They tried, but there was 14 wrecks as soon as the green flew, just like usual.

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Sorry to say but that wasn't gonna happen. With the team he has and the quality of cars he's been driving the last few years it just wasn't in the cards. I doubt it will be for a while either.

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i'm just glad to find you guys every sunday night i have my son.:D you keep me posted on whats going on in todays race.:waytogo: and i agree Corey,fans should act their age,not their shoe size.but,i also agree with Bubba.the bigger Nascar get the more it's turning into professional wrestling.maybe i'm wrong, but when Dale Earnhart died. JR seemed to win alot of races.:thinking: but after the novelty wore off. he sucks.:dunno: JMHO

10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

sorry for the hi jack. but WHAT UP DAVE???:D hows the boat?can i move in yet? OK, i'll STFU

11. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
  12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I think I will go back to watching The Young and The Restless and also Days Of Our Lives.