Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Taller front seats?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by smprider112, May 6, 2004.

1. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to lift the front seats up? I feel like Im sitting so low when Im riding in my truck, granted im not that tall, bout 5' 10" but sitting in my 75 3/4 pickup the bench sits alot higher then the seats do in my 85 blazer...I was wondering if I'd just have to get different seats or does some company make like a seat lift. thanks for any help.
    -Brian-

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Well, here is what I did. I welded a piece of flat plate across the top of the stock brackets. That made the brackets and flat plate one solid piece. Then I bought some newer seats from a '91, drilled the bolt pattern through the flat plate, and bolted them in. That raised my seats approx. 3" higher than stock. I have killer visibility and My seats are not so high that I hit my head going over bumps when wheeling. I could snap some pics of what I did if your interested.

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I hit my head going over bumps when wheeling. I could snap some pics ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to see the video.

bump /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif bump /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif bump bump /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif bump /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

you could get a telephone book or something like that

i have the opposite, when sitting normally, my hair grazes the point where the cab/top meet

5. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

ya, Im definently interested in some pics of how ya did that. what I was thinking was maybe adding spacers to where the seat mounts to the floor, and just maybe using longer bolts. but im not too sure how safe that'd be if I got in a wreck.