Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tamper proof bolts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Apr 17, 2000.

I want to take the topper off of my 90 K5 but it has those damn bolts on it that look like torque stile but they have a little tit in the center.... What is the best way to remove these? where can you get the tool? Sorry if this is a dumb question....

I sold my 74 to my best friend so he could join the K5 family...

1. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Hurry back one page. <font color=blue>jsauaman</font color=blue> got a hole box of them and are sharing with the CK5brothers!!
    Wish I lived in the land of many cheap Blazerparts.[​IMG]
    Espen

http://sites.netscape.net/espensplace/homepage

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I bought one off of Mac Tools.

3. 1TUFF89

1TUFF89 1/2 ton status

I didn't even buy a special tool for the bolts. I took them out with a pair of vise-grips and replaced them with regular hex head bolts. The bolts are much easier and quicker to remove and it only requires a one-half inch wrench or socket. I normally have my top off within 8 minutes after I've started.

Chevy's RULE!

4. I think someone spoke about this before. I don't have or use them, although they would be good for security: radio, CB's,. I think you need to get the specific tool from Mac or snap on, a pro- tool company. I think that sears(craftsman) doesn't even sell it. good luck.

<font color=red>ABO</font color=red>

5. Thanks for the info guys...I think I'll try the vice gripps and replace w/ standard bolts...

I sold my 74 to my best friend so he could join the K5 family...