Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tannerite video

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 67lemanster, Dec 20, 2005.

1. 67lemanster

67lemanster Registered Member

hey guys new here but a staple over at nastyz28.com. anyway there is this stuff called tannerite. can be found at www.tannerite.com. it is a legal to purchase bianary explosive. it is very stable and only detenates with a round from a high powered rifle, no pistol, black powder, fire, fuse, just a high powered rifle. anyway here is what happens when you mix 6x the normal amount and add a old 36" mitsi tv. next up is a full load of 20 mixed up and a old isuzu truck. bwahahahahaha:D

http://media.putfile.com/100_131237

btw how come i cant paste in this forum? maybe i will do a search.

2. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

one of my friends plays with that stuff,,

they put like 10 charges under the hood of an old car and it blew the hood about 100 ft into the air,,,they have blown up junk and had shrapnel come back to the firing line over 100 yds away,,

serious boom though !!!!!:saweet: :saweet: :saweet:

3. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

i think im gonna have to purchase some of this stuff

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

video doesn't come accross:mad: Wouldn't powder be cheaper? Buddy had a video, bowling ball cannon made from a cut-off tank; wouldn't you know tanks are just the right diameter for bowling balls. Cut the tank at about two feet, drain bung is perfect for the fuse, said he used 1 1/2 cups black powder. Made a "wuvwuvwuv" noise. It was great.

5. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Heard too that for serious (but EXTREMELY DANGEROUS) fun, take a full 20-lb tank of propane out into a very, very open field, get very, very far away and in a good sturdy bunker of some kind, then shoot the tank with a rifle. I've never tried that, and only really think insane people should try it. My brother was the one who heard about this once.

6. 67lemanster

i think powder is way cheaper but this stuff is very stable(safe) i would have issues lighting something and then relying on my azzz to get me away from the boom. i have shot 2x the normal amount at 25 yds. with no injuries. this one was fired from a 100 but i was at around 30 yds with the camera behind a big ole tree.

blowing up junk is the best. it truly is an awesome site in person. video doesnt do it justice. LOL

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, I was out at the public range when some little teenage morons were doing this. I left real quick like.

8. wasted wages

9. 67lemanster

:bow::bow::bow::bow: i might just have to try that. is the tank full? i suppose for the ultimate affect it should be over full. :haha:

10. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

guys laugh was PRICELESS

11. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

The guys I used to work for have .50 cals, they shoot propane tanks with API rds from 500 yards.

12. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Do they have yachts too?:eek1:

13. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

No, they just blow all their money on cool guns. :rotfl:

14. 67lemanster

why thank you, had it for 41 years. :D

15. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

bombs kill....

I know a guy who liked to play with bombs..he'd fill a 5 gallon plastic pail with a tight fitting lid with a generous dose of acetalyne and oxogen from his cutting torches..bring them way out in his field,and shoot them with a .22.rifle!.the resulting explosion would make a crater 3' deep for a 6' diameter!:eek1: ..and the noise could be heard for miles..even though it was done way out in the boonies,the cops always drove by a few minutes later..:blush: .. one time he told them his truck backfired..I don't think they believed him though..:p:

One day,as he was bringing a few pails out to shoot them,something set them off in the bed of his truck..maybe static electricity or something,since it was dry out and very cold.(I think there was oil in the pail--and oxogen and oil ==BOOM!)---it caved the bed,and back wall of the cab of his truck in,and blew out the rear window and windsheild!..he was very lucky to escape being killed..lost part of one ear,and was deaf for about 6 weeks in that ear..other ear was "ringing" a lot for a few months..he doesn't play with homebuilt bombs anymore.:rolleyes: :crazy:

16. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

That's why you don't transport live ordnance:doah:

17. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

1/4 tank set on a large campfire. A .22 rifle from a diatance. It made a huge expolsion and actually blew the fire out. We were in a dry desert area, which is the only place that it would be safe to try.:eek1:

18. cbbr

That is just an example of an Oxy-bomb. Take a tank next time you go camping. Fill a small garbage bag with Oxy. Put a rock in the bag and tie it off. Throw it at the fire and run like hell. Huge concussion.:wink1:

I have also seen people tie paper to the bag, light the paper and run, but i am not that brave. Or fast.

Again, make sure that you are no where near people or stuff as it is one hell of a blast.

19. wasted wages

fun with oxy/act

Take a plastic grocery sack and tape the open end to a 20 ft joint of Sch 40 ---1/2 " pvc pipe,,creating a ballon at the end of the pipe.

Squeeze all the air out of the bag,,,stick the oxy act torch (NOT LIT)down the tube,and fill the bag,,quickly pull out the oxy/act handle and apply the striker to the end of the pvc,,,,,BOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!

suprise your friends!!
    works great under garage doors,,in elevator shafts to floors above and below on construction jobs,,your neighbors back door,,

Never have had the nuts to try this with a large lawn trash bag !!!!:eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

I've also heard a broken taillight bulb epoxied into the cap of a 2 liter soda bottle work well for an ignitor,,fill bottle w/oxy act ,,,,screw on cap,,,
    add 12 volts from a safe distance,,Kaboom!!!

BTW,,wear hearing protection,,

20. cbbr

The "12 volt ignitor" idea is great. Never thought of that. I have also used model rocket ignitors to get a little distance when experimenting.