Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tanning... against it or for it?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TruckNutzDude, Oct 17, 2004.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

My girlfriend likes to go tanning once in a while and I'm not sure I really like the idea because of some of the things I've heard regarding cancer and skin diseases. She doesn't do it all that often and I can't really complain about the lack of tan lines /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I just don't know if I should be worried about the long term affects or just enjoy the flawless golden skin (which looks much better than my ghostly white ass BTW!!!)

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

To me it no more unhealthy than just being out in the sun.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

when you get a tan, or sunburn, thats what causes skin/skin diesease cancer. My auntie has it on her arms.
    If she does it once a month, or every couple weeks, she should be okay. But if she is constantly out in the sun with no sunscreen, getting darker and darker... she probably will get skin cancer in the distant future.
    My moms a nurse, so she always makes me wear sunscreen /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. TruckNutzDude

So you guys are saying that as long as she doesn't do it more than say, once a month, she SHOULD be okay? I'm kind of against it for more than just the health reasons because I'm a firm believer in doing things naturally (with the sun) But I do like the way she looks and it makes her feel confident which makes her feel good about taking her clothes off, which makes me feel good... so I'll just go with it as long as it's not going to make her skin rott off when she's 50. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

She should be okay as long as she isn't as dark as someone who just came back from mexico or something. I had a tan this summer because I was working 3-5 hours each day outside, and my mom never said anything about it because it wasn't very dark.
    She'll be okay...
    wheres the pics though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. TruckNutzDude

[ QUOTE ]
    wheres the pics though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can get some I'll send them to you for the BOTD. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can get some I'll send them to you for the BOTD. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a good idea /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

I wear it because I smell good and I like me white.

9. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

like most things, its ok in moderation. i'm 22 and some of my friends have already had cancer spots burned off. my dad has spots burned off every couple of months from his head and arms. just be careful and use common sense.

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

what are you guys talking about? tanlines are good. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

11. TruckNutzDude

I don't really care if she has tan lines or not. My tan lines are just fine with me. It just seems to make her feel good about herself when she's evenly colored. Whatever, she's a D-cup weather or not she has a tan line across her breasts. I personally don't know any guy who wouldn't enjoy staring at a nice set just because of some measily tan lines. That's just my opinion though. I'm kind of looking for back up that tanning isn't such a good thing... I don't seem to be getting it too much. You guys do seem to have the same general opinion that it is OKAY in moderation. I guess I can live with that. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

12. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

ANY sunBURN can alter the cells in the system which CAN lead to the door being opened for mutated cells and a step to cancer...
    long term exposure to sun is also deadly...
    ask me ..I worked our beach team... wore a hat and spf 45 and i still get stuff taken off once a year as a preventative...
    Look at all those pretty girls who at 20 look awesome( which in my book means healthy and not tanned) with a "nice" tan... and look like dried shoe leather at 50
    If man was intended to live in radiation we would be equipped for it.... and we arent
    stay healty and stay out of the sun!!!!! or at the very least protect yourself....
    this cancer is easily preventable!!!
    cam

13. TruckNutzDude

That is my whole issue with her going tanning. She's only 19 and doesn't understand that in the long term view of things she's hurting herself. I see a lot of the sun in summer and hardly ever use sunblock (I should) and have a few things I should have checked out already. I'm only 20 and it's really hard to think about what will happen if I don't protect my body now instead of trying to fix it later. I guess I should take my own advice and have that lump under my skin checked out. It's only been developing for 5 years now and is starting to become visible on my neck. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I'd really hate to find out it's cancer since that runs in my family (about every other person gets it). Damnit. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

14. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

manage what you can manage. Is this the "girl" you posted about a couple of weeks ago? let her bake, she's heard about the dangers of tanning, smoking, sex, life, driving, etc.

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd say let her tan. It looks good. I wish my girlfriends would do it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

16. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Pussified pansy ass america scared of THE SUN!?

I have a tan on my left arm from hanging out the window but that's about it. I'm a daysleeper

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

post pics, then I'll decide. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I am a big fan of going outside and getting a little bit of sun while I work on the yard, the truck or whatever... but beyond that i try to avoid excessive UV. You need a certain amount in order to produce Vitamin D... but as with everything, moderation is good. I think being active outside results in getting plenty of sun to be healthy AND a decent tan... no need for more, or some kind of man-made substitute to the big atomic fireball in the sky.

j

18. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

actually i plan on going into dermitology, and majoring in it in college. i have already read up on it quite a bit, so if you could pm me a picture of her tits, i can tell you if the skin cancer/disease problem is already, or will occur.

19. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I feel it's better to get some controlled tanning before you go out in the sun on vacation and burn like bubble kept white boy or girl. Moderation always.
    No matter what YOU think, she's a women and will do whatever the hell she wants (you'll figure it out someday)
    Now go get that bump checked out!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    and post some pictures too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Im more into natural tan, but fake n bake looks good, UNLESS your orange. I hear it all the time im gonna have skin cancer, because I am very (natural) tan and NEVER wear sun screen, its overrated!