Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Taper on Superlift 1104 arm correct for MOOG 2027L DLE?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by IGOR, Aug 12, 2003.

1. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I talked to Scott at Rockstomper today, and he said that the 1104 pitman arm needs to be opened up approximately 0.030" to seat the DLE correctly - I thought I had read on here that these were a perfect match - any thoughts? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What if I didn't drill these out 0.030 - would it make that much difference? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I talked to Scott at Rockstomper today, and he said that the 1104 pitman arm needs to be opened up approximately 0.030" to seat the DLE correctly - I thought I had read on here that these were a perfect match - any thoughts? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What if I didn't drill these out 0.030 - would it make that much difference? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it will make a huge difference. Right now you can't get the ES2027L in deep enough for you to tighten the nut and align any of the holes for the cotter pin.

You can't just "drill" it out either. You either need to have it tapered down some more at a machine shop that has the correct taper reamer, or just run one of the dodge ends that will fit right into it perfectly. ES2010L is the end you are looking for.

3. IGOR

Cool okay thank you! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. IGOR

Cool okay thank you! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif