Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tapered Block Installation

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TowRig, Dec 20, 2001.

1. TowRig

TowRig Registered Member

Well:

I'm on the tail end of a RC 4"-lift install and am wondering if I installed the re axle blocks correctly. I installed them with the thinner edge toward the transfer case. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Kevin-

1986 CUCV Military Blazer, T400 trans, 3.08 gears (yeah, I know....good mileage though), No camo, US Customs took care of that

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

yeap thats the right way, it cuases the axle to turn up so the angles is right on the driveline.

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you got it correct, but make sure the tapered end is on the axle side. You want the square end against the spring and the taper towards the axle. That way it tips the pinion up, and not moving the axle back. The blocks in the rear of mine were installed upside down when I bought it.

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]
    PIC of mine from flblazers site<a target="_blank" href=http://www.flblazer.alloffroad.com/photo3.html>
    GO</a>