Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tapered offset zero rate, u-bolts, studs, and 52" front bushings

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by CyberSniper, Sep 3, 2004.

1. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

tapered offset zero rate, u-bolts, studs, and 52\" front bushings

Do you make a 4-6° offset zero rate? I have a shackle flip, need to point my pinion back down a bit, and move the axle back an inch or so.

Next, do you still sell those rear U-bolt kits for half tons for $38? I can't find them on the website. I'm going to need new U-bolts for the above project.

I read somewhere that you've got ARP stud kits for Dana 44s... what's the story on this?

What about bushings/sleeves for 52" front springs? I need the ones that are in the springs and the ones up at the frame could use replacing. I'm making my own shackles and I don't mind drilling for bigger bolts. I just don't remember which size goes where on the stock setup (even though I keep breaking stock shackles). Are the bushings made from that stock rubbery stuff or are they made from that hard-as-a-rock urethane stuff like what Energy Suspension uses?

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Re: tapered offset zero rate, u-bolts, studs, and 52\" front bushings

We occasionally do offset taper blocks but we're short handed right now and won't be taking orders for tapered zero rates till we're caught up. Sorry.
    We still have the 1/2T ubolt kits, $38 is right. Just call to order that part.

We don't have ARP studs for the stock length D44, we use the factory studs since they test a good bit stronger than a grade 8 bolt. For applications with a block, we can get some longer length ARP studs but they're built around a 2-3" block. And if you have a block that tall, we have access to a knuckle with the arm cast into it.

We have all the bushings you need to do a 52" swap on the front, no problem. You'll end up with 9/16 bolts in the springs and a 1/2" in the top of the shackle. Bushings will be our polyurethane mixed between a standard and hard compound, depending on the location.

3. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Alrighty, I haven't placed an order yet because I don't know if I'm going to end up with a Dodge Dana 60 or not. Do you sell bushing kits that will work with 52" springs and a Dodge Dana 60?

The current plan is to use a 10 bolt but I may procure a Dodge Dana 60 and need to make sure I can use the 52" springs with it.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We should be able to set you up with the right bushings. I think we just need the narrow shoulder on one side and you'll have to put a spacer on the other side of the bushings to make it work with the narrower spring perches on the dodge axle.
    Going with 52s doesn't really complicate the matter much.