Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TARGET store sucks!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cybrfire, Dec 30, 2003.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Spending to Support THEM ???

Remote Name: 24.209.156.152
    Date: 12/29/2003
    Time: 06:14:36 PM
    Category: Off Topic

Comments

Vietnam Veterans Association

Recently we asked the local TARGET store to be a proud sponsor of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall during our spring recognition event.
    We received the following reply from the local TARGET management: "Veterans do not meet our area of giving. We only donate to the arts, social action groups, gay & lesbian causes, and education."

So I'm thinking, if the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and veterans in general do not meet their donation criteria, then something is really wrong at this TARGET store. We were not asking for thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, just a small sponsorship for a memorial remembrance.

As a follow-up, I e-mailed the TARGET U.S. corporate headquarters and their response was the same. That's their national policy.

Then I looked into the company further. They will not allow the Marines to collect for 'Toys for Tots' at any of their stores. And during the recent Iraq deployment, they would not allow families of employees who were called up for active duty to continue their insurance coverage while they were on military service. Then as I dig further, TARGET is a French-owned corporation.

Now, I'm thinking again. If TARGET can not support American Veterans, then why should I and my family support their stores by spending our hard earned American dollars and to have their profits sent to France. Without the American Vets, where would France be today?

Feel free to pass this along to whomever you want.
    Sincerely,

Dick Forrey
    Veterans helping Veterans

Just thought I would pass this along. Think about it next time your shopping and steer clear of them.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

that is hella old "news"... btw, didnt it turn out to be bogus info?

j

3. evilk5

evilk5 Registered Member

Thanks for the info, I will never shop at Target and I will tell everyone I know to do the same. This wonderful nation we live in is all about choices, and we should choose not to shop at stores that do not support Americans!!!!! Target does suck and they also swallow.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yeah Snopes has disproven this piece of BS info I believe.

5. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

New news to me. I hope it was disproven. If not they should be run out of the country.

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Old news and wrong forum /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Errrrr Survey says you are wrong /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Sounds like something walmart wrote up /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Dick Forrey, the man who started the anti-Target brouhaha, has since admitted his mistake:

I made a mistake on this one, and I've learned a hard lesson — that's for sure. What started out as a message for the members in our organization has turned into a hate-type thing. I never wanted to start any national boycott. I just wish it would all stop.

Some people have used my words and perpetuated lies. It's sad that some of these people would use veterans as a way to push their own political views. I've sent out a retraction, and no one pays any attention.