Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tattoo

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Grieby54, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Well... I was just about to be out the door to go get my tattoo when my mom, out of nowhere, decides that I should wait till I graduate to get it. I've been talking about this for MONTHS to my parents and have slowly won them over (or so I thought...) to the idea. My dad was gonna go with me and maybe even get one with me. But now I can't... I'm so pissed it's not even funny.

that's what the tatto WOULD have looked like and it woulda been on my left shoulder blade.

DadTattoo02.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2005
  2. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My dad once said If my brothers and I ever get a tatoo we would no longer be welcome in his house. So on my lil bro's 18th birthday we went out and got matching Tatoo's. We went home to show my dad, and he almost cried. Robby is my little brother that died of cancer a little before his 8th birthday. He didn't like that we got em but he was happy that we still think of our little brother. I dont think your parents would mind if it means something. But if its just a design, I would wait.

tat.jpg

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

my buddy just got a tribal band (scaring)done on his arm, it is cool i have thought of one too

4. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

See... it'd be a reminder of what I devoted my life to. It's not just a design.

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah i know he put a heart in it, for his own reasons, something he wanted to do for a longtime, the heart was a 1/4 inch thick skin removel looks good.

how long till you graduate? and how long have you wanted this tat?

6. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

6 months till I graduate. I've been talking about one for close to a year... been serious about it for the past 3 months...

7. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I like the tatoo design, even though it symbolizes something I'm not into. BUT. As I see, it's already on someone else's skin, and posted online. Unless you're close to this person, draw, or have something drawn for yourself. Could be along the same lines, just different. I know I want something unique, and would be pissed if I saw someone else with MY tatoo!

Something to consider.

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I dislike tattoos, but I've been thinking about something like that, too. Not real seriously, but for some unknown reason, it's crossed my mind more than a few times in the last few weeks. That and shaving my head, but that's more because I've been annoyed with hair lately.

I like the design a lot, whoever designed it got nicely creative. If I ever do it, I'm going to go with something along those lines...

That's pretty cool if you're dad was going to go get one with you...
    :thumb:

6 months is no time. I keep noticing another 6 months have gone by every now and then (as in, how many times I could have gotten my pistol license if I'd just gotten the freakin paperwork together), and they all seem to fly by...
    Don't get bummed, minor bump in the road, not a major setback...

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

how old are you?

I say wait either way. If you can't wait to get a tattoo, you shouldn't be getting a tattoo. I've had the same tattoo plans for over a year now, I just don't have the funds or time to do them. Can't wait to start working and get back to my life and my tattoo sessions.

10. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

FWIW, Sam, I got my first tattoo on my 18th brithday. Of course, my life back then was MUCH different than it is now, and although I don't regret getting it done(I still wear it with pride), a little forethought on my behalf would have made me at least stop and think about the repercussions of having said ink on my shoulder.......

I guess what I'm saying is that being passionate about things at your age is normal, as long as it is tempered with a little wisdom, which unfortunately comes along a little later in life. And that's where your parents come in- they are lending you the wisdom you need at times like this.

I'm not trying to tell you you're a little boy, BTW. I'm just trying to share my experiences with the next generation so they can avoid learning lessons the hard way, like I had to.

Last comment- cool design, brother. I also agree that you should work the concept into something original before you get it done. You don't want to showcase someone elses work on YOUR body......

11. bobalob

bobalob 1/2 ton status

That is a great tatt! I have 7 and most of them were to permanently commemerate a shift in my life or thought process. Got my first when I quit using drugs and am currently planning a full back tatt that depicts my personal relationship with Christ, but all my current ones are cheap small ones from a local shop and I want better artistic ability with tons of detail which of course translates to a lot of $$ and a search for the best artist. Last one I got because I figured I should have a warning label :D

bobble.jpg

12. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

??? So maybe you shouldn't get one? I can wait... and I'm going to have to. It just kinda ruins it. I wanted to get one now, and by them saying I can't, it really kinda ruins the whole idea. I know they don't support it now and it really pisses me off that they let me get this amped about it and then just say no. So when I get it, it will be after I graduate, they will not know about it, and if they ever see it it will be because I am swimming or something, and I will not go over to them and show it to them even though they may request it. It just kinda sours what I had going on. I had a friend who was thinking about getting the same one with me. That's out the door. My dad was gonna get one with me, and now I have no desire to get one with him. Damage is done and it's too late now...

This was no hasty descision to go get it. This has been in my mind for quite some time.

13. bamf

bamf 1/2 ton status

guess ill post my tattoos

Irish Flag.JPG

leg tattoo.JPG

14. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Am I the only one who finds it funny someone is asking their parents permission to get a tat? :rolleyes:

15. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

It'd be kinda against who whole idea of my tattoo if I went against what my parents said. My tattoo would be a reminder of keeping my life in accoradance with God's laws and will. If I disobeyed my parents to get it, that would be completely wrong.

16. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

what the hell is that second one? :confused:

17. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

so you're going to hide it from them because they dont approve....

and then throw the whole idea out the window anyways. if i remember correctly, dishonesty isnt something the Bible supports. good thinking cowboy. :screwy:

you should definitely wait at least a year after you have been seriously considering it, expecially for the first one. i didnt, decided 3 days before i got mine that i was going to get it. i kind of regretted it, until i added to it in August (on the second anniversary of my grandfather's death) now it means something, and i dont regret it at all. i had been thinking about adding to it since the day after he died. 2 years passed, and i still liked the idea, so i went ahead and did it.

18. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

look closer, it looks like a sheat (of blood??) draped over a person (woman)

19. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

looks cool. your heart is in the right place. but wait you'll prolly find a better way to do it. if not get it. :D

20. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Not getting a tattoo is over 2 years, 7 tattoos, 20+ sittings, 40+ hours in a tattoo chair, too late... My comment that I "can't wait" is based on the fact that I've already found tattoos ARE for me and have so very many plans(2 half sleeves started, a full stomach mural, and a few floating ideas) that I have been puting off because I'm at school.

I'm only 20 and I feel the same that Canmore does about his first tattoo about my first. I was certain it was what I wanted when I got it. And it still means a lot to me. I don't regret it, but in some ways I guess I do. Actually the biggest regret is the fact that it takes up a large part of my back and the back is such a great place to do a LARGE detailed tattoo.

Bamf, I love you backpiece man. I'm a fan of Celtic when its not some fratboy celtic band or cross.