Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tattoos??? I've been thinking of a celtic cross or my K5

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, Oct 28, 2002.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Tattoos??? I\'ve been thinking of a celtic cross or my K5

Seems like a big jump I know from one to the other. Just curious if anyone else has a blazer/truck tat? I'm thinking the celtic cross on the left arm and maybe my blazer on my back so its always with me /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    Anyone?

Jeremiah
    I'll post a drawing once I get home if theres interest in the cross?

2. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

Re: Tattoos??? I\'ve been thinking of a celtic cross or my K5

I've never seen or heard of anyone getting that tattooed on them before, but It'd be unique! If ya do it I wanna see pics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

the celtic cross would be cool, as long as you have lineage identifying with the celts.
    (besides, it's been awhile since larry bird took the celtics to the championships)
    i'm not a fan of white guys getting ethnic tats, or tribal crap, when they're not associated with the belief or ethnicity, or whatever. don't get me wrong, black guys with japanese tats would irritate me, i'm multi-racially intolerant of idiocy.
    the K5, however..........

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Whatever you do, remember, it's forever. I have a few tat's, one of which I wish I hadn't gotten. It's of Bugs Bunny. Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE Bugs fan, but after a few years, I really wish I had gotten something else. I am going to get it covered soon. I guess what I'm trying to say is, before you permanently mark your body, make sure it is something you will want for the rest of your life.

John

5. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

i have a few tat ideas for myself.My initials in the form of a snake and a black scorpion because im a scorpio.and im not sure what else yet. any one seen jackass the movie yet they have a good tat idea. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

i would like to see a tat of a blazer. would be cool. i got one that i like. i haven't had it for very long. just got it this april. since i like the state of texas so much decided i'd get the flag on me. lol. and well since i was made in texas i might as well put that around the flag. i like it but some people don't. oh well. later.

jacob

7. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

My brother and I are gonna get our clan crests done this winter /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Clan Maxwell in the lowlands of Scotland /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. jjlaughner

How many generations do you want to see? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    Mom has been doing geneology for better part of the last 8 years and we live about 3 hours from one of the largest geneology libraries in the country. SO, I'm guessing from what I heard last Moms side is tracked back to the 1700's - 20+ generations and dads side is back to the 1800's about 10-12 generations. Moms side of the family (Gorman,McGorman,MacGorman) is Celtic/Scottish and Dads side is mostly German. I have my (dads side) GreatGreatGreatGreat Grand Fathers signiture from when they signed in coming into the country. And the GreatGreat Grandparents on my Mothers side still spoke with a accent (some of the great uncles did after having a few drinks /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ). So yeah, I think I'm OK on the hertiage part. I'm thinking about getting both but I'm deciding on which to get first. The cross will be a multi-siting job. I want what looks like an arm band with the cross on it. The only thing I'm worried about the blazer is that its a dark grey truck and I'm worried about what the tat would look like. I'm not going to any text just the images.
    Thanks for the input! Jeremiah

9. jjlaughner

I have been drawing my own cross and band for about 6 years since I was old enough to get one. The last two years I have been really content with the looks just more worried the money part since its going to be three or four colors, highly detailed and I want someone REALLY good doing it.
    I know About lifetime thing but everytime I think about it I really want it when look at my arm I think it would be cool. I was lined up once to get a tat when I was 18 and deceided not to for that reason. Thats why I started drawing my own so its mine not one others have.

10. jjlaughner

I thought about the Crest of Gorman but being my last name is Laughner and there are two versions that we have found of the crest (same in content different in design) I decided not too do the sheild. One crest we found drawn from the real sheild and the other was a drawing from a family member. SO, I started drawing my own cross and knot work in the Celtic style. Our crest is a lion in the middle in attack mode with three swords one in each top corner and one at the bottom point. The swords and lion are silver/grey and the sheild itself is blue. I dont really want a blue tat, my cross is brown/tan or sandstone with hints of green and dark greys. Very earthy almost a dark skin tone (being irish I dont tan well so it will always be darker than my skin tone ;->).

11. jjlaughner

Hey that would a cool idea for a tat. Unfortunatly I'm a Pieces. No fish tats for me. I have grown in K5's so it seems more like a lifestyle than a vehicle. When I was about 6 months old mom and dad bought a 78 blazer (the orange RUST color with orange vinyl seats), I miss that truck. It was a 305 with 2wd and it went everywhere up until we bought our 87 (mine now). When we went to pick it up I handed the guy the cash to buy it so TECHnically I bought it when I was 9 yr's old. I bought an 83 in HS then when I went to college dad bought his 97Yukon and I bought the 87 blazer. So then in 98 I started project WASN'T ME ~~Blazin~~ so for the last 5 years that has been my life. The project is coming to an end since I'm starting my new blazer project so I want something to remember it by!
    See my vehicle lineage here

12. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I like the Celtic cross idea (I'm second generation Irish-grandma came from the island), it's the Blazer I would think twice about. I don't think you could get that good of a rendering of a truck from 90% of the artists out there.
    Erin go braugh!!!

John

13. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I have a bow tie on my left ankle- let me get a pic and toss it up..

Brandy

14. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

It did work, then became a damn red x.....let me work on it some more

15. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

cool. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    what about incorporating some of your german heritage into the design? something from the wayback machine, when they fought with sticks and stones and swords. germany has a lot of history from before adolf dorkmeister shredded the image forever.
    be sure to throw some pics up here when you get something close to done, so we can fix all yer mistakes. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif j/k

16. jjlaughner

I looked around for my sketchs and they didn't turn up just yet. i do have the two crests I mentioned earlier in a digital format.
    [​IMG] Actuall
    [​IMG] Family members drawing

17. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    Ever get a pic of that bowtie tattoo ?
    Thanks,
    Blake

18. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Go for the Celtic tat, if you want some ideas go here Pat Fish This woman does and has some of the best Celtic tats you can get.

Eric

19. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I have enough tattoos on my knuckles from wrenching on the beast, don't need no stink-en tat to remind me where all my cash goes

20. fenderbender

fenderbender Registered Member

I've got a pic of a Peterbilt on my upper left arm. Looks like its coming out of my arm.