Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tax question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Apr 12, 2005.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Quick tax question,

Say your tax person is 70 + years old, he makes a mistake,,after it was submitted,, can you go back and fix it with another tax person? ,,, It hasnt happened, but if it does i want to be prepared. :)

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yes, you can amend your taxes. Not sure how you go about doing it but it can be done.

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Its just i have upward in the area of 40k worth of stuff that i bought last year for work , etc etc, stuff for work, equpment etc, well see. :)

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Its pretty sad actually, i have 5 or six piles of receipts , all categorized strung out on my office floor :D i get the liberty of adding them all up too :D

5. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

If, after you file, you discover you forgot something, call the IRS and tell them you want to file an amended return, and they'll walk you through it from there.

Doing anything else will freak out their computers and you'll be forever trying to resolve the problem.

Best bet would be to work with your tax person to make sure you both don't overlook anything. That'll keep him on his toes. :)

Tom