Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tax relief check??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTBLAZER89, Jul 27, 2003.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Got one yesterday for $400 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif for having kids or something like that. Anybody else get one? I was like Cool..I guess they are sending them out by SSN my last 2 are 00 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif so I got to be first.

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

My no. is 05, will mine be here next week??????

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

nope...but i got a 6 cent check from the child support people..well my mom did, but im depositing it this week to make a point...6 cent check, 34 cent stamp?? WTF lol

4. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Whats the deal with this tax cut, who gets it and for what and how much? Ive gotten several responses from diff sources I'm just wondering since I have 5 kids /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I should score huh? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Saturday I got a letter from the IRS stating that I will get my check for $800 (2 kids) within the next 2 weeks. Too bad it is an advance on your year 2003 tax return.

6. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    34 cent stamp

[/ QUOTE ]

$.37 now thats makes all the more ridiculous /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I think it all sux. I don't have kids. And the more time I spend on this board the happier I am about it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

But seriously. I think this is prejeduice on the governments side against single people. I pay taxes too. I want a tax relief check. I mean the government ought to be paying us single people for not having more kids to clog up the school system and thus saving them money. But what do they do? They offer an insentive to have even more kids so there are even less seats in the classroom. They oughta be paying us not to have kids. Not the other way around. Then YOUR kids could get a better ecucation and we wouldn't have all these little idiots running around shootin up the schools.

Oh... there I go again... A tax relief check could buy a lot of therapy or a lot of wheeling gas. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    But seriously. I think this is prejeduice on the governments side against single people.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about us married people without kids?

It's a bunch of crap the way they did it.

9. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Single, married, what ever... Nobody gets a check unless they have kids spewing out. Not worth it to me... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

If you want to complain about $400 per child in credit, then I will gladly give you my $800 if you pay for my cost to raise 2 kids.

Just to give you an idea, figure about $40 a week in diapers and $60 (when they were younger)a week in formula.....and that is just the start of it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

We got our $400 check Saturday and it's gone already to pay the bills. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

12. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Might be glad your parents didn't think that way /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I see this one going for a ways so let's get the party started.

Why should someone who has kids be given a tax rebate and someone who doesn't don't get one?

We both pay taxes and for us married people without kids, we get raped come tax time. It's a double standard.

I work just as hard for my dollar and I shouldn't be penalized just because I have decided to not have kids at this time. Everyone should pay the same percentage, no matter income or number of kids.

Better yet, y'all are being subsidized by the federal government for not utilizing some form of birth control /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

14. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess they are sending them out by SSN my last 2 are 00 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif so I got to be first.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yup, by last 2 digits of SSN. From IRS.gov:

The initial checks are going to those who filed early enough for the IRS to process their returns by early July. The mailing date depends on the last two digits of the taxpayer’s social security number:

00—33 – July 25 mailing
    34—66 – August 1 mailing
    67—99 – August 8 mailing

Hey!! Even better info:

https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/iractcgetstatus.jsp

Tells ya how much and when it's scheduled to be mailed.

15. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif mines 73

16. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Too bad it is an advance on your year 2003 tax return.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is an advance, but it shouldn't decrease the amount of your 2003 return compared to last year. This is an advance on the increased child tax credit. If your tax situation this year is similar to last year, this years actual return should be equal to what it was last year. That's what I got from the IRS site at least. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I'll give any one of you naggers my relief check if you cover me the cost of raising the kids for one year...... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

We all (middle/lower class) are getting screwed every year while the rich get taxed to a certain bracket anything over is tax free.. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Its just another feeble attempt by the man to keep the brother man down /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    We all (middle/lower class) are getting screwed every year while the rich get taxed to a certain bracket anything over is tax free..

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I totally agree with you 100% /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ... figure about $40 a week in diapers and $60 (when they were younger)a week in formula.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a 2.5 mo/old and he costs about $10.00/week in diapers (just went and bought some tonight and I do NOT buy the cheap kind - Pampers custom cruisers - gotta love how that sounds) and roughly $10.00 week in formula... but I STILL didnt get a kicker check... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif the bastards

20. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i got my check saturday....my ssn is 09....