Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Taxes?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Jan 28, 2004.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Who does your taxes? I have used Turbotax.com in the past, but I dunno. Is there a better way? I really don't have any deductions and stuff, it's basically cut and dry. But when I started to do them, I felt like wtf, I thought I would be getting more back. Would it be worth my time you think to go see someone, and I don't mean H&R Blockheads. They suck IMO. They had me paying hundreds of dollars, and I went home and my friends dad did them, and said they were crazy. I did them on Turbo Tax, and sure enough, the fool had entered some numbers very wrong. Turbo Tax sure is easy, but I sure could use some extra cash from stupid bills I want to pay off.....

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Haha I just do TeleFile, it takes like 10 minutes and I usually get a decent amount back. No dependents or deductions.

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I have always used Turbo Tax. The one year I didn't I paid twice as much as I usually do. This year will be turbo tax for sure...

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If you don't have any deductions or income from stocks, bonds, etc. then you can probably use the 1040EZ. It's something like 7 lines that get copied from your W2's and you're finished. It sounds like Telefile might also work for you. But one of the real pissers in life is that the more money you make, the more the gov't takes from you in taxes. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif As your income grows, the percentage of their take also grows. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

If you are only taking the standard deduction and you don't have any 1099's then you could probably use the 1040EZ. Pick up a copy at your local Post Office or Library, sit down and have it done in about an hour. Mail it in and Uncle Sam will send your refund that has been taken from you (without paying you interest) in about 6 weeks. It's free and easy.

If you don't mind paying a few dollars to get your refund sooner and have your taxes in a nice digital file that you can save then go to the Turbo Tax website and do them online. The "basic" return is under $10. and it's pretty easy.

Or.....

Send all your W-2's to me along with a 12-pack of MGD and I'll do them for you!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    But one of the real pissers in life is that the more money you make, the more the gov't takes from you in taxes. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif As your income grows, the percentage of their take also grows. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I qualify for most of the programs I sign the families up I work with. I know I don't make enough to be in some higher tax bracket for sure! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

Without knowing everything about you, it would be hard to know if you should do Turbo Tax or go to person. Most people don't know of the deductions that they can take, but then if you don't have prove of the deductions, then you can't claim them anyway. It might not be a bad thing to go to a well known firm and have them do it. Yes, you will pay more, but they can also help you out with what to do next year to get more money back.