Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Taxidermist deer head

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by blazindorito, Apr 27, 2007.

1. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

I took my deer to getr mounted 1 1/2 years ago and I still have not gotten it. I have repeatedly called, gone over everything possible to get this damn thing done. The guy has had nothing but a bunch of 101 excuses. His kidneys were failing, his appendix was taken out, his daughter, and now he is having family problems. I want this thing "NOW." I talked to the guy 2 weeks ago and I told him that I wanted ASAP no more BS'ing around and no more empty promises. He said to call him on April 21 and it would be done. So I give hima nd extra week because I was really busy last week. I figured I will go pick it up now. So I call him and he say's he is on his way out of the shop. Man I am Freakin pissed. I want to yell, kick, an I don't know what else I want to do. Man, what else can I do to get this deer head back. To top it all off my daughter keeps on asking me for the deer head because she wants it in the living room. Even she is mad at the guy.. what to do??:mad:

2. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Call the tweakernator.

[​IMG]

3. blazindorito

That's wrong. I almost spit my soda on the laptop when I saw this. Man the stuff you guys come up with.

4. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Go get it, skin it, and bury it out back for a while. Bring it and clean it up when the dirt critters get everything eaten off. Much cheaper and a better look, IMHO

[​IMG]

5. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

Last time I checked dead animals don't keep so well... I'd say a year and a half is past it's expiration date. :haha: Has it just been rotting in the corner or what?

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

tell him if you don't get it by the end of the month YOu will have HIS head mounted!!!!

hell i'll come down i like playing with knives! :D

7. blazindorito

I like the way that deer mount came out. That is really nice. I am going to go get my money back by the end of next week if I don't get the mount back.

8. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

I told you my cousin does that stuff. Find out if you can get you stuff back. I hope he has not had it in the pickle yet. And it has stayed frozen. I can get ahold of my cousin and see if he can make a deal to help. The shipping might be the deal buster though.

9. blazindorito

onlychevy6,
    believe it or not this is the same one I talked to you about when I picked up the train horns from you. The other issue is before they work on them they need 1/2 of the payment up front. He has $250 dollars of mine. That's another reason I haven't asked for it back. I don't want to lose the money. If I don't get it by this Friday I will ask for my money backa nd deer head and I will see what happens.

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

If he's working under a business name or has a tax number, threaten to contact the BBB.
    If he does it on the side, tell him you're talking to your lawyer. If he's not phased by that, let him know that you are contacting the fish and game to let them know of a poaching. He has the head afterall, right?

11. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

If you've only talked on the phone so far, start showing up at his shop. Words mean a lot more when someone can see them coming out of your mouth and the pissed look on your face.

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Especially with a bat in one hand...

13. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

14. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

He's in LA the 2nd worst part of The Peoples Republic of CA. They don't appreciate the finer forms of persuasion by number (45, 9, 12). In their opinion it's not diplomatic like. :wink1: He'd need to dismantle his .45 just to take it in the car to get it there. :( Probably be better to try a little verbal persuasion first.

15. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

it should be legal to do that spicifically to ex wifes, then you would have a great 3D dart board. :D

16. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

Holy crap. That is amazing. What is the hold up? I mean i can see if there are some issues here and there but 1 1/2 year. WOW... Let me know if there is something i can do if you get it back.

Jeff