Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI 350 into a 73 K5...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 90blzr, Apr 26, 2004.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

How difficult and what all is needed? I have a complete TBI engine/700R4/241 from a 1990 K5. All the wiring harness, from the engine compartment etc. Possibly the dash harness.

Would I just have to drop it all in? What about under the dash? Would I have to put the dash instruments from the 90 into the 73 to make everything work right?

2. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

No the dash instruments are not needed. Just make sure you have the entire wiring harness including the connectors for the computer and get the computer itself. It's not a hard installation, just takes some time to sort out the wiring.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I would do the entire thing if you have all those parts. The speedometer is going to be electric, you might as well swap that when you do everything else. You will be running the 241 with toner ring, so why not get the advantage of the electric speedo as well?

Change the fuse panel, etc.

Think about it...the wiring connectors will all be different anyways with the steering column, etc. Either hack up the factory wiring (bad idea) or just swap in a newer harness. (good idea)

The ECM needs part of the underdash harness, so that will be needed anyways...might as well grab all of it.